Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you start drawing manga?

Here in Israel its just beginning....how old is this anime?

I've never seen Sailor Moon. Probably should.

I started drawing so that I could depict my story characters. From there, I decided to become a professional artist and use my storywriting "skills" along side the artistic side. Then I found Mr. OC (Obitual Crow) on MT v.2 and fell in love with the moe/loli/bishojo. So I started trying to draw that. I did that for a long time. Then, just recently, I found ImagineFX and now I'm trying to get into pro concept art.

I just started drawing. I just wanted to do something different and creative and enjoyed this. I may be sub-par, but time will cure that.

Well when I was young I always drew allot. I would enter competitions and stuff just for the fun of it. I didn't take drawing seriously until one day when I watched the series Eureka 7 then I started to get fascinated with the Anime/manga style this is when I started taking art a bit more serious. Eventually I think last year after I watch Byosoku 5 centimeter thats when I decided to take up art as my profession so here I am today =).

I've always liked drawing, and I've always liked cartoons and video games. At a young age, I discovered that it's even more fun to create your own characters instead of drawing Ryu and Batman over and over :-)

When I found out manga comics are basically more ahead of their anime equivalents, I hit the Web and was hooked.

A few tutorials, art courses, and millions of manga pages later, I'm here doin' what we're all doin'.

I'm not that good in drawing, but I'm an anime fan like since birth...Daimos, Voltes V, Dragon Ball, too many.. And I've been drawing manga while class is still going on... and that's until College!!
    I'm doing photorealism now but, still sticked to Manga... <3

Quote Originally Posted by Devillan View Post
    Here in Israel its just beginning....how old is this anime?

It started in 1992. It's an oldie, but goodie I just started re-watching it.

In fact, I think I'll start a thread on Sailor Moon if one hasn't been started already.
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 01-10-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the quote
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Sailor Moon? Used to watch it with my sister during lunch times in primary school, lul. :m

My interest probally went more like Transformers = Gundam Wing = Eva, through. That said I was involved with the whole bob&george sprite comic thing too.

Yay inconsistancy!

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    Because I liked the way that the japanese tell a story in a manga ,liked the close-up and epic battles, but rigth now im trying to found a style with traids of manga but set for mature stories full of killing, gore and humor... also ,I know that this is off of subject but do you know if theres art schools in Canada? ,because I maybe be moving there next year

My start was due to the influence of Pokemon. I would draw Charmanders and Pikachus all day.

I then started to look at more artists, anime and manga. Due to my extreme competitive nature, I started to draw like mad to become the very best like no one ever was.