Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you start drawing manga?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    I've been drawing snce I was a toddler. Then I started making (my own) Pokemon Cards back when I was in Kindergarden and 1st Grade. Then Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Then I picked up a Shonen Jump when I was in 3rd Grade. And I thought it was cool, and I said, "Hey, I want to do this." So ... Yeah, that's it.
    Making trading cards is so fun! Especially with popular games like Pokemon.

i watched [I]Sailor Moon[I] when i was little, but I thought it and Pokemon were American creations then... then my cousin explained everything to me, and bought me the first few books of the Tokyo Mew Mew series. I fell in love and wanted to experiment with this new way of drawing people. I think I was about 14 when I started drawing anime, something like that

Quote Originally Posted by knitticism View Post
    i watched Sailor Moon when i was little, but I thought it and Pokemon were American creations then... then my cousin explained everything to me, and bought me the first few books of the Tokyo Mew Mew series. I fell in love and wanted to experiment with this new way of drawing people. I think I was about 14 when I started drawing anime, something like that
    Nice choices of anime, If I may say so

i will admit, i still go back and watch them from time to time lol

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    lol Yeah, I kept all the video recordings of Sailor Moon. xD
    I managed to get the full first and second season as well as a few episodes of the third season when they were still airing in on TV way back when.

^Those are the ones I need, the OVAs...I got the Sailor Stars series, and liked the manga much better.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

i'm jealous! lol

me, I started with Cardcaptor Sakura when i was around 9-10. Then came pokemon and the others, and i started looking stuff up on the internet, and found out about it. I didn't really get into manga till very recently. I fell in love with the style, how everything could be expressed through the eyes and i wanted to try drawing. I was good at drawing in general-random doodles and such, except i had a lot of problem with anatomy. then i googled how to draw, guidelines and stuff, and stumbled upon this site. since then it's been awesome!

I watched a bit of Sailor Moon and then got into Pokemon. My friends told me it was anime when I was, like, 13, and I've been drawing it ever since. I've always liked drawing, though.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Speaking of Sailor Moon, is anyone here from Italy? I hear Sailor Moon is making a comeback in that country it's extremely popular right now.