Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you start drawing manga?

Question Why did you start drawing manga?

The title is self-explanatory, what's the reason you started to draw manga?

My reason: I'm working on a game project and want to learn to draw manga...and eventually GC to make special scenes.

-Devillan-

Teen Member
    my reason is... because i think that's my talent (but i still have to train more)

Well, it all started when I became fasinated with 2d games and their sprites.
    So many different styles each showing differences and tastes.

I've decided that I wanted to learn how to create these "sprites" and use them for various purposes.
    But soon I realized that I can't draw worth crap, so I came to the internet, looking for help. I happend to be a anime fanatic at the time(toned down a bit; I read em' more than I watch nowadays), so I checked various tutorials on how to draw my own characters and learn how to draw the basics.

When I stumbled opon here. Using the tutorial, I've been able to increase my artistic talents.
    But it's still far from the goal that I want to acheive. So far, I've been making decent progress.

You and me, we're the same

I ever loved the manga art style, so much better than the full colored comics u_u" Too much information in one thing, manga is cleaner for the view (at least some of them xD)

Fenn
    Because I fell in love with the style. So simple yet expressive, plus it was easier to doodle manga when I was little then attempt realism. It seems more open-ended than some other art forms.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I've been drawing snce I was a toddler. Then I started making (my own) Pokemon Cards back when I was in Kindergarden and 1st Grade. Then Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Then I picked up a Shonen Jump when I was in 3rd Grade. And I thought it was cool, and I said, "Hey, I want to do this." So ... Yeah, that's it.

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    because my friends kept shoving manga books at me until I agreed to read them. I didn't actually start drawing manga until I'd been reading it for a while, though.

Personally, I just like drawing and want to use that talent a little more.

Also, Manga is just entertaining in general.

I started watching Sailor Moon (you better not laugh!) in my teens, and then stumbled upon its manga by accident. I bought it, I fell in love with the style, and then wanted to create my own manga. I've tried a bunch of different stories, but I only recently found a story I like and have put online. It still needs work, too, though.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique