Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the inspiration?

http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/#/d489xul
    The first part of this tutorial is how I get over my art block.
    I just doodle and try different things until I get something. Don't try to be perfect just get a flow/rhythm started.

Sometimes it may be that you're just too busy/stressed to draw, and can't relax enough to do it. However, once you just start going into it then it come naturally to you, or wait when things calm down. (This has been me for a while.)

Wow, that looks like a really helpful tutorial! I should definitely try to do some more pictures using references...

Quote Originally Posted by tagYURIT View Post
    I have a very weird way of putting myself up
    . . .I think of my crush who will never be my girl. . ^^
    Awwww, that is sad. :/ But I guess extreme feelings can definitely be a good inspiration

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You know, being forced to draw can influence you too. By 'forced' I mean being in a classroom environment where you -have- to get something done. In my case it actually works quite well. If you're not in some kind of art class, I'd suggest finding out (if you're in school) if you could enroll in one. If you're not in school or something, there're always workshops you could get yourself into...don't know about free ones, or if the MT ones ever work out.

hahah yeah i guess mt ones don't work that much cause you don't feel the need to.
    in the end it's just you who will have to decide whether you should keep practicing.

try making a manga/comic

Unfortunately taking art classes aren't really an option for me right now. I go to a college where they only allow Art Majors to enroll in art classes. I took an art class in high school, and I liked it, but what I really want is to have the motivation to improve on my own.

Banned
    I don't have any inspiration left either. I still want to draw though, so I keep sketching circles (thousands of them) and I also practice drawing cubes. When I'm tired of doing little exercises, I use step-by-step guides and try to follow them to the letter.
    I don't know if it helps me get more inspired, but at least I'm doing something. Usually, I'm happily surprised by the results. I'm still a complete beginner, so drawing something that looks ANYTHING like the picture I'm trying to copy makes me happy.