Thread: How to break up with your writer.

How to break up with your writer.

Look my writer really isn't that great. She has potential, but I she doesn't really think through of what she's actually writing. I turned down people who were better than her because I felt that I could help her, but I was wrong. So before I send the email I was wondering if this sounds way too harsh.
    Ailin I really like the story but I feel uncomfortable drawing for a story that is incomplete. At the beginning I wanted to stop working with you because you hadn't gotten the story done but I thought instead I could help you. I'm having trouble doing the extra chapter because I cannot understand the writing very well. I think it's because it was made before you became a better writer.Maybe I cannot understand it the way you do because we speak different languages. I really think that it is in the best interest that you need to do a lot of rethinking in the story. I'm sorry if I have hurt your feelings. I truly think the story has a lot of potential, it just needs to be fixed on some parts of understanding. I still want to work with youand I think maybe we can still be friends.

it doesnt sound to harsh to me but wait for some other peoples opinions on this as well before you send the email

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Saying I think we can be friends makes it sound like you are unsure if you really want to associate with this person so change it to "I hope we can still be friends" or " I would like to still remain friends".

The "I think it is in the best interest" part sounds kind of harsh even tho it's probably true. I would be all like "I feel that some of the writing just is not very strong and it's going to or is showing in the art" (I'm horrible at making people feel at fault so I usually take partial blame *is lame*).

Allso include in there some where a line saying that you didn't want to just walk away and drop the project for something else and would like to possibly come back and revisit the project when she/he feels that they have finished and made the story as good as she/he could. Tbh saying this is like saying "we aren't breaking up we are just on break!"

I'm not good with breakups. Last time I did I made a girl cry
    Just... too hard to do >_>
    I sent the email. I feel like a dick now.
    Last edited by Slurpee; 08-29-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Saying I think we can be friends makes it sound like you are unsure if you really want to associate with this person so change it to "I hope we can still be friends" or " I would like to still remain friends".
    this sounds like... well.... umm... you know...

well truth is everyone can make a story, and somehow on their minds, people will always think that what they created has surpasses all those stories they ever read. though it just depends on the reader of it if it's the best and were not the one deciding it.

anyway I don't really know about thinking that you want to help her makes you want to partner with her. don't really know about that idea, I mean really, what part of that will help her?
    Last edited by ram; 08-29-2011 at 07:52 PM.

she said she still wants to be friends.
    and thats its fine.
    I still feel kinda bad though. thanks psy, most of the stuff I edited as what you said, and it worked out ok!