Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamisoyokaze's art up for critique.

The first time i've done a pice 100% on the cmputer, i also was trying otu a new style, how is it ?

Last edited by kamisoyokaze; 08-31-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Work on understanding what the figure looks like in 3D. Remember it's one thing to have knowledge in your head and another thing to use it. As my art prof said once: "I asked a student, 'Do you know how to use perspective?' She answered, 'Yeah, I do.' Then I looked down at her work and thought, 'Ummm no you don't.' "

Your enthusiasm is great Kami. Right now you might note that everything in the picture is from a frontal, head-on view. Your knowledge on proportion must go hand-in-hand with knowledge on how to build with simple 3D shapes. You will improve lots when you can convincingly draw boxes, cylinders, cones and similar shapes from different angles, and this is the first thing you should focus on.

Edit:
    SPOILER! :
    I think I probably should give specific examples on what I'm saying to make things easier. For example, the pictures of your eyes are all from the front. Try practicing off Tentopet's eye angle library tutorial to see what I mean by how things can result from imagining things in 3D.
    Last edited by Hamachi; 08-31-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    Work on understanding what the figure looks like in 3D.
    -snip-
    ok thanks ^^ yeh all my drawings have been head on really :P I'll start working on making things more 3d right away ^^

ok . I think y the first pic looks good because may be u used a reference art.
    Thats nice
    what the problem with making eyes . You are making it too big and also placing is wrong. Work on that .
    And follow what everybody else said .
    Do fanarts using reference art

Hi
    I think as a starter u should draw help lines to make it easier you mostly do 'em with a ruler .
    Drawlines make sure that evry part is at the right place as for proportions you will learn that in time and also think logicly.
    (try doing the poses yourself if you cant it mostly means it is impossible)
    sry for the bad english sry i idnt want to search for any pics with helplines and i also need to go handball bye

Quote Originally Posted by trilokcool3 View Post
    ok . I think y the first pic looks good because may be u used a reference art.
    Thats nice
    what the problem with making eyes . You are making it too big and also placing is wrong. Work on that .
    And follow what everybody else said .
    Do fanarts using reference art
    Ok i'll do some more fan art then

Quote Originally Posted by darklinkds View Post
    Hi
    I think as a starter u should draw help lines to make it easier you mostly do 'em with a ruler .
    Drawlines make sure that evry part is at the right place as for proportions you will learn that in time and also think logicly.
    (try doing the poses yourself if you cant it mostly means it is impossible)
    sry for the bad english sry i idnt want to search for any pics with helplines and i also need to go handball bye
    I already do that :P

Actually the latest one (100 % PC one) Is good! It needs a bit more solid edges, but its good. And the proportions are right! OK maybe just a bit lower crotch but its mighty good.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    Actually the latest one (100 % PC one) Is good! It needs a bit more solid edges, but its good. And the proportions are right! OK maybe just a bit lower crotch but its mighty good.
    Cool ^^ + i didnt want solid edges :P i specifically made them not-solid :P

-w- snap.......my bad. But still i think that there are some spaces where you can see that bg color.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Sorry to nitpick, but I agree with what Gedeon said even though it's not necessarily what he intended. Unless you are going for a Monet impressionistic style for your painting, you really do need to have solid edges. When I say solid edges, I'm not talking about linework either, just the contrast between light and dark gives a solid edge. You have some already in your painting which is a good start and if I were you, I'd keep working on refining those edges. One good way to tell how well your painting reads is to change it to a gray scale and see how it looks.