Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manga Studio Ex

Manga Studio Ex

How do i make 2 merged pages in manga studio ex?

This is something I made in photoshop the first time I joined.
    I was able to merge pages in manga studio but how do i Make them connected like this?
    draw like there's no line cut in the middle?

I'm not planning to use this page,I just put it out as an example..

I just want to know how to combine pages

well my question doesn't seem answered, I wish this doble posting is forgiven, It's better than making a new thread anyway.

another question about manga studio ex, Is it possible to control the opacity or flow setting for the eraser? I really need it cause it's part of my drawing process already.

you can forget about the first question here if you can't answer. guys please I'm in serious need of your help!

It's very simple.
    Go to your Story; Let's say you want to Merge page 5 and 6 into a Double Size page. Click on page 5 and right click. Select "Match Pages"; This will take some time. After it finishes, you'll have your two pages merged into a one double page as the one shown on your screenshot.

I was unable to find any opacity setting for the eraser. Looks like there are none - so I can't give any suggestions there.

PS: Sorry for this late reply but I don't go online very often. Life kinda sux. Work-Home-Work-Home...
    Last edited by violin; 09-13-2011 at 09:44 PM.

thanks a lot violin! btw what about the cut in the middle? wouldn't that be cut in the printing or something?

I'm not too familiar with the software. But I guess it'll cut there. There should be some options to print two pages on one page and then it probably won't cut it. I guess you have to experiment printing some pages.

Aside from that Violin already said, the only other way I can think of would be to go into the Paper properties and make it a custom width and height. Have you tried importing your image into your spread page and then saving it as a png or jpeg? I know most of the page guidelines aren't actually a part of the image information but just there to help you figure out how to place things, so when you save the image and view it outside of Manga Studio Ex it should look normal.

thanks nisaren, I tried it and I feel like I'm getting some stuffs now already.

the only thing I need now is control over the brush settings.

what is your DPI when your drawing on manga studio, and what is your size of brush when your drawing with that size?
    I just found out by googling, is that it's good if it's 1200 DPI or 6000 DPI,
    I tried to use 6000 DPI and frankly it's anoying to use cause I can't controll the brush properly with it, I feel like I'm making lines too thick or too thin or something,

and I tried to use 1200 DPI and it's far more confusing cause if i make it too thin it becomes little dots.

I soooo much want my brush settings as good as photoshop or sai

1200 or 6000 DPI? Wow... that's a lot higher DPI than most printed images are. The minimum DPI needed to print a decent quality image is 300 DPI, 600 DPI is nice if you want to be able to print at larger sizes, 6000 DPI just seems a bit excessive to me. My computer would be shooting sparks at me if I tried to get it to do that (but then again my computer is old XD ).

I haven't really fiddled with Manga Studio Ex's brushes. It's really optimized for creating traditional Manga and it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of room for changing the tool presets. Are you having trouble with the Pen tools? I found them to be tricky to use, I think they're vector based and they don't really respond as accurately as it seems they should.

Instead of trying to bend the tool to suit you it may be better to just use the best tool for the job. I like using Manga Studio for doing comic work but I plan on using Photoshop or SAI when it comes to painted cover images or really anything with color (although i'm finding SAI kind of limited compared to Photoshop when it comes to doing paintings).

oh sorry XD added too many zero, I mean 600 DPI and 120 DPI.

edit: anyway I use mangastudio cause I need to move the pannels and stuffs. actually without that cut line and pannel layer stuffs in manga studio, I wouldn't be using this anoying software in the first place.

I already got used to toning in photoshop.
    thanks for the info, but I guess I should experiment more to figure stuffs that I need.
    Last edited by ram; 09-14-2011 at 11:16 PM.

i use 1200 dpi quite normally.....is that normal?
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.