Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Crime Thread - Cause, Effect, Sentencing, Empathy

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    It's not slavery considering it's exactly what the rest of us are doing. Unless you mean not giving people free stuff and expecting them to work for it is slavery. In which case, I'm totally a slave. I work at Petco.

I dunno, forcing someone to work without freedom and not winning profits of their work its sounds kinda like slavery to me.

...they are winning the profits of their work. That's the point. They're working for their commodities. C'mon, man. Read.

And criminals waive their freedom when they commit crimes. I mean, c'mon. Don't wanna go to jail? Don't commit crimes. It's simple. It's detainment, not slavery.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Well, you've hit the nail on the head regarding my thoughts on dead-end criminals. Criminals sentenced to life are not only the greatest possible burden to the innocent but also share the same fate as death row inmates. So why should we sustain their lives if it's going toward the same end? It's not like a lifetime prisoner has a chance to be rehabilitated anyway.

As far as other criminals are concerned, send them to isolated work camps. Make them work for the commodities they are otherwise handed on a silver platter. Make them produce profit that goes toward their own maintenance costs. Why are we giving criminals freebies when average law-abiding people are working for their commodities? They should at least be doing the same.
    I'm not going to bother even replying to this because nothing I could possibly say would be more damning than what you have said yourself.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

No, they are winning the maintenance to live in jail, and keep working for that.

I would agree with you if they could use that money also to buy stuffs outside the jail and others, but I think it would be very naive to allow that, specially if your goal is to maintain them the most time possible inside the jail.

lol okay. So we should just keep giving them free stuff. That totally makes sense, right? Let me make it even more clear:

I work for my money. I use said money to pay rent, buy clothes and food. I lose part of my paycheck every two weeks to criminals who are not working yet receiving the same commodities I work for. They are simply mooching off the cash me and many other people have earned.

So what's wrong with subjecting them to the same system that I follow? I work for my stuff. They should work for theirs. You know what I would be if I didn't work? Homeless, naked and starving. =)
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 09-04-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    lol okay. So we should just keep giving them free stuff. That totally makes sense, right? Let me make it even more clear:

I work for my money. I use said money to pay rent, buy clothes and food. I lose part of my paycheck every two weeks to criminals who are not working for the same things I work for, but are simply mooching off the cash me and many other people have earned.

So what's wrong with subjecting them to the same system that I follow? I work for my stuff. They should work for theirs.
    So your conclusion was that people who commit crimes should be slave? Good logic mister.

They're no more a slave than I am. Actually, I would argue that I'm more so a slave considering I'm expected by law to PAY for their stuff while they do nothing. Furthermore, I did nothing wrong to deserve this kind of burden.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 09-04-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    If criminals have it so great, Cype, why don't you commit a crime and go to jail? Surely it's preferable to be less of a slave? And I'm sure you can either kill someone you really dislike, or steal a large sum of money and hide it away for when you get out. It's a win/win scenario.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

lol. I never said they all "had it great". But I know these things to be true: I work for just above minimum wage. At 8 bucks and hour, I make about 400 bucks every two weeks. After tax deductions, I'm left with maybe 320. Technically, I have worked for way below minimum wage when you divide that up among the hours. And you know where that money that I rightfully earned is going? Supporting people who have been detained for harming the innocent. They're getting paid by me, the guy who is working for an adjusted wage of well below 7 dollars an hour, to be the scum of the Earth. They're getting the same commodities I have to buy with my hard-earned cash, for free.

It doesn't seem entirely unfair to, you know, possibly find a way where they can support themselves through work? Like the rest of society? Maybe be less of an overall burden to humanity, you know, on top of being a plague on morals and actually hurting people? If that's slavery, then by God I am the biggest slave ever because I'm working for my own stuff AND theirs. But you know, that's justice! Darn 'ol justice.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 09-04-2011 at 02:24 AM.