Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crime Thread - Cause, Effect, Sentencing, Empathy

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    The determinant of a hero is whether or not they benefited mankind with their actions. Let's be frank here, Bin Laden didn't do shit for anyone.

And for the record, Bush and Genghis aren't really considered heroes. Genghis was a great //leader//, but not in a heroic way lol. And Bush...well...he is the result of Osama's poor judgment, along with 9 years of fruitless war.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Osama is responsible for Bush, but America is not responsible for Osama? Nice doublethink.

And if I am not mistaken Mongolia today considers Genghis to be a national hero.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

It was just a play on the scenario. Osama isn't responsible for Bush nor is America responsible for Osama.

And yes, Ghenghis is considered a hero in Mongolia, but not for what's taught in our history books.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    It was just a play on the scenario. Osama isn't responsible for Bush nor is America responsible for Osama.

And yes, Ghenghis is considered a hero in Mongolia, but not for what's taught in our history books.
    and here is my point!!! Osama is for some a horrible monster, crazy Muslim or a businessman, for others he is a man that could get them out of poverty, a hero, an idol. The victors used to write history, but today its about who can buy the writers. And curenttly its america. And as said there (probably) ain't gonna be a hero for the whole world! For some that person is going to be some one they love and have hope in him/her for others he/she's going to be the monster, the crazy man etc..... There are always two sides of the coin.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Have any of you watched Farienheit 9/11
    I suggest you do. A perfect example of how this sort of thing comes about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    The victors used to write history, but today its about who can buy the writers.
    Thumb up.

If in the World War II Hitler would have won, do you believe that most of Europe would be thinking "wow, Hitler was a asshole". No, they would be prizing him as a Hero. And between us, his ideas weren't made to help mankind or anything like that.

Osama in this case is the same, he was a idealist (misguided), who tried to do what HE believed was right. So I share the opinion of Delph, this was a cultural clash, Osama wasn't a bad person, wasn't a psychopath, and USA people fest the dead of a man as it was a mega super bowl. The history books are going to call Osama a monster and the kids will learn this very quickly.

The deal here is the cultural clash as the OP says. We have all this countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Which are a like Middle Age kingdoms with machine guns. And we have USA a country so proud of them selfs that they keep looking at their bellies the whole time, and that have created a hate around other countries. I think everyone could see the clash coming.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    It's not about the culture clash. It's about class warfare. The perpetual war is a sideshow. It's one of the tools the rich use in America to both put money in their pockets and keep the lower classes distracted and busy.

For the average American this is a culture clash, yes. It's about ignorant bigots hating Muslims and brown people. But for the people who are actually in power and who actually make choices, it's about hating the poor.
    Last edited by Kodos; 08-28-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    And Bush...well...he is the result of Osama's poor judgment, along with 9 years of fruitless war.
    Bush's actions or election? Because those are very different things. Bush is the result of Gore refusing to let Clinton campaign for him and the Electoral College being worse for the country then a pile of manure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    The victors used to write history, but today its about who can buy the writers.
    These are, generally speaking, going to be the same people.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

BB, I already said that statement was just a turn of the situation. In other words, don't take it literally.

And yes, Gedeon, that's what I meant. In our history books, the Mongols are typically portrayed as rapists and pillagers, general barbarians who basically rampaged all of Asia. They only get attention for their war innovations and humiliating defeats before the Japanese and the gun-toting Ottoman. The only places they're glorified are in Mongolian and Chinese history for their contributions to dynasty structure. In other words: most places in the world would view Genghis as a barbarian. What the Mongolians see as "unification", most of us see as brutal conquest.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Mmmm. Just like how some people in China think Mao was a pretty OK guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    Have any of you watched Farienheit 9/11
    I suggest you do. A perfect example of how this sort of thing comes about.
    Ah yes, love Michael Moore myself, but he isn't generally considered a viable source of information/the devil. Then again, I think there are about 2 Republicans on this site, so who knows what the general population thinks of him.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 08-28-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.