Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sylux's Art Thread: NOT SAFE FOR THE WORKS PLACES

omg im pumpin out garbage

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM SLY!!!!???
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

fuck man fuck fuck FUCK MAN IDK WHAT THE FUCK I'M FUCKING DOING OH MY GOD FUCKING HELP ME FUCK

Honestly, with some facial alignment, it'd look really good! You probably already know most of what's off about it. Straighten up the lips, maybe lower the nose and show less nostrils since the view doesn't seem to be from below. The eyebrows shouldn't go so far down. The eye on the left is smaller than the other and there's an awkward bulge of hair on the outside left towards the top of the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thanks! I've taken your advice into serious consideration and have made according adjustments:

Hullo Looking nice looking nice. I think the main issue that I'm noticing, at least with the face, is a lack of volume. JJ already mentioned straightening the lips, but with this look (or at least the look I think you're going for) I think you could push it more with the shading on the face. I'm not really the best person to be giving advice about this, since this is something I'm just trying to figure out, but I think you really need to think about the different shapes that make up the planes on the face and how they would affect the shading.
    The places to really focus in on here are the nose, the cheeks, and the chin. In real life they're all rather bulbous shapes, like the nose sticks out from the face and therefore has more shading underneath it. Its really hard to put into words =-= so I'm going to put some examples from deviantart in spoilers. Hopefully this helps... :/

SPOILER! :

Take this one for example. I like this one a lot for multiple reasons: the shadows at the top of the eyes and where the bridge of the nose is indicated are darker - which makes sense since the eyes are generally set further into the face (also the highlights are generally broader strokes. On the face there aren't as many small circular highlights, unless that's a stylistic choice, because the face is a softer surface, it doesn't reflect light the same way plastic does. You know?) Also I really like the shading on the nose in this one and under the bottom lip. The shading makes sense with the direction of the light... It's darkest under things that protrude from the face. I'm sorry about the rambling =-= i know this is not the most helpful thing ever...

This one also has really awesome shading, and it's a little more rough - not quite as smoothed out as the previous one. Notice how the cheek actually looks like it's rounded and there's a crease between it and the nose... And how the shading around the lips makes them look like they're actually coming out from the face, they aren't just flat. Lips have awesome volume. :3

More awesome shading that really takes the volume of the face into account - notice above the eyes o-o just awesome.

Anyway... This isn't as coherent as I'd like, it's late and i'm tired, but the main thing to really focus on is volume. I've said this lots of times I think, but it bears repeating because the face really isn't flat. Also the hair is looking a bit spiky and stiff... Consider using looser, more flowy strokes for the hair. Even pin-straight hair has a tiny bit of wave to it. I hope this was somewhat helpful? I know it wasn't overly specific... I really like the overall design of the girl, and the armor looks awesome! The shading on the armor is pretty damn fantastic and I can't wait to see how it looks when/if you modify stuff.

Wowee! Thanks so much for the crits, Cora! That was super awesome. :3

Anyways, coloring without lines is turning out to be a big headache for me. @_@

So I decided to just draw cartoony stuff and practice coloring those before I try more realism. I took your advice into consideration, Cora, and I looked up planes of the face as well as using the images you provided for me as a references. Wowzers! It really helped me out a lot! Thank you so much again. :3

I think you should be cell-shading/coloring if you're going to be using lines as dark as that. Right now it looks oddly 2-dimensional.
    Bitchin' style though

uwu you are super right my brother those lines are pretty thick huh

You could try making the lines closer to skin color, or like a slightly darker skin color/lip color instead of black? Might make them less harsh