Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pirate's Life For Me (Ugarit)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar

A Pirate's Life For Me (Ugarit)

Some sailors say that the seas are angry. In Tangaroa and the Dark Sea, the waters themselves have been tumultuous and dangerous - moreso than usual - and the horrors that dwell in those waters have, supposedly, become more numerous and more aggressive.
    In the Golden Sea and the waters of civilized lands, sightings of the Abomination have been on the rise, although no one is still quite sure what, if anything, that ship - if ship she be - is.
    The Merfolk and Locathah tell tales of war beneath the waves. A new mutant breed of Sahuagin more vicious, powerful, and horrifying than the normal ones and dedicated not to Sekolah (as if he was not a horrible enough deity) but instead to the Enemy himself.
    And through it all the Pact has been cracking down on you and your way of life. Freebooters, privateers, pirates, adventurers-at-sea and more have found themselves targeted by that global superpower, meeting death at their hands or, if they are unlucky, imprisonment within dreaded Irkalla.

But who cares? The oceans are big, and there's still plenty of booty, adventure, wenches, ale, and fun to be had.

Latoti was one of many free ports in the Golden Sea that was at least as lawless as it was popular. In this island's pirate haven was a tavern. Well, okay, there were lots of taverns. Okay, fine it was basically just taverns, shops, and whorehouses.
    Okay, yes, some of the taverns were whorehouses, but that's not really the important part.

What's important was that one such tavern, the Scurvy Dog, was where this story begins. Five relatively nameless sailors/pirates/peoplewhatgoonboats had gotten together to strike it out on their own, for glory and fame, ale and wenches, coin and cleavage.

And by all the gods and powers of the sea, something really stunk of fish.

The Scurvy Dog was even more crowded and rowdy tonight than it usually was - the whole island, in fact. Supposedly the (in/)famous Captain Criostoir Blackpool was either due in port tonight, or already somewhere on the island hurling about copious amounts of gold in exchange for copious amounts of sex, booze, and shiny things (which were probably made of gold themselves, so it kind of all came full circle when you think about it).
    Last edited by Kodos; 06-28-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Alright, strangers! We don't really know each other, and that's okay! Names aren't really important, since we all have distinguishable characteristics that set ourselves apart from the next, so calling each other by description is okay in my book! Besides, I don't think we're the kind of folk to prioritize names over skill and position with faces. So first order of business: We must choose a captain! I say we go around the table and tell everyone else what makes us an apt candidate for captain, and then we vote. If all else fails, we can surely arrange a tournament of duels!" Lacia, a dainty, young, and kindly sorcerer charged, hoping to persuade the newly-scrounged together group in some sort of sure direction.

"My name is pretty important and every idiot here better remember it. I'm Zach, and as for why I'd make a good captain, well, I'm good looking, smart, strong and a damn fine sailor. Basically everything a captain should be." Zach wasn't lying, he had probably the greatest moustache in the seven seas too. The man was tanned, with short blonde hair Bright blue eyes and rugged good looks.

The clatter of a blade. The silver-haired ragdoll on the oppisate side of the table was banging it's cleaver down for attention.

"Naw! No votin'! No fightin'! It's an obvious that Jang is best." The person was a scraggily beige-skinned thing that had a had a gruff, raspy, totally obnoxious voice. For some reason, they were sitting on the face of a dolphin that was lodged under the table- No, scratch that, the person was a mermaid. "Can't see that, and you ain't proper good leader guy no how!"

Childhood notions crushed, you begin to hope for the simple condition that the lingering smell of fish you had suddenly become enraptured in wasn't coming from this 'Jang' personally...

They wore little other than a weird selection of belts holding a few khaki rags to their form, and their frilly tail was a pale glossy colour resembling grey sturgeons. If it was a girl-thing, they let a true moron cut their hair, and had failed to heal a clean dozen large scars about the body; Cumulating in a patched right eye and a large line transversing the bridge of the nose. There were definately muscles in the shoulders despite this delapidated state, so it was hard to tell exactly what they were supposed to do for a living.
    Last edited by Regantor; 09-09-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Next to the (maybe?) stinky mermaid sat another woman, except this one had legs. At the moment she was involved in finishing off a mug of mysterious alcohol. Then, after she drank the last drops, she turned her head to the Jang creature and let out a loud belch. "Don't tell me we're going to vote about whether we should vote or not..." A few strands of hair got in her face, and she jerked her head to toss them back to the side. "Now Zachy, you seem alright but I've got a couple things you don't." Although it was obvious what she meant, the girl pointed out the two bouncy globes on her chest. "Plus, with me as Captain I can assure you all, we won't just get filthy stinking rich, but we'll also have some filthy stinking fun!"

"And I've got a couple things you ain't got missy" Zach jumped up on the table, walked over to the legged woman and honked his balls.
    "A ship with Captain Zach is a non stop party, wench."

"That's a shit fram'a bull!" Jang surged upright, coiling upwards with 'er tail, then grabbing the skirt-wrapping thing covering her modesty. "I get have pants also!"

You had to wonder; When she still had two eyes, did they face in oppisate directions, or what?...

"I suppose it's my turn... Well, withstanding the current arguments, I would otherwise promise favors of sexual sorts, but seeing as there's a woman in the crew I hardly think I'd ever stand any competition over her in the men," said the sorcerer. "I suppose I'm more of a support role, anyway. Perhaps leader-like socially, but not combat-wise. I give in!"

"I call myself Amanda Rogue, by the way!" The now named woman blurted out. "And I can promise you... everyone in my crew would get pants if they so wished!" She looked slyly over at Jang.

"So you votan foer me, right-on?" Jang clattered across the table, through mostly just knocking the sorcerer and her own drink's to the floor. "You insult other girlthing, so must be correct."

She smiled like a shark whilst forcing herself into a seat next to him, roughly grabbing his upper arm and nudging the side of his face with her forehead.

An (imagined) vote was worth more than pants, apparently?...
    Last edited by Regantor; 08-16-2011 at 08:17 PM.