Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pirate's Life For Me (Ugarit)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    And so Captain Zach stumbled off into the docks of Latoti in search of a ship for sale. It was a difficult choice (the Deathtrap and Arr, this bitch will never float were both very reasonably priced) but in the end he decided upon a heavy caravel, the Nave del Partido. Armed with 12 ballistae and 2 catapults, she should do nicely - for now anyway.

With a ship to his name, he set off to Latoti's many taverns )and whorehouses) get the rest of the crew.
    The cook, Dave Taylor, seemed good enough. He was a handsome blonde guy Zach was reccomended. Apparently he was out of work because he slept with the tavern owner's wife. By all accounts his reputation as a chef was almost as big as his reputation as a womanizer, so assuming that none of the ladies on board killed him, he should do nicely.
    The musician, Annah, was a dancing girl and guitarist who apparently worked at a few taverns - for hire. She was gorgeous and dark skinned, apparently from the Six Kingdoms, and seemed friendly enough. She was gorgeous, and she had a great voice, and while he didn't hear her play or see her dance, he imagined - and heard from others - she was great at both. She made it clear that she wasn't a hooker, though, and that if she slept around it would be because she wanted to, not because she was offered money, and that if she felt mistreated she'd quit and/or kill you.
    The doctor, one Sherman Rhodes, was described as "a right bastard" and "surly" and "insufferable" and "an asshole with no respect for authority." He was, however, also described as "a great doctor." "A healer above all else." And as someone who "knows his shit." Zach took the 63 year old man's abrasive grunt as a "yes I'll join."
    Anna Marie, one of the warriors who signed up, was a curvy woman with an eyepatch and a cutlass. Really nice lips on her too. She seemed pretty flirty. Nina, the second warrior to join up, dual wielded crossbows and wasn't as pretty - or flirty - as Anna (or Annah) but at laest she didn't smell like Jang. The next warrior referred to himself - and was referred to by others - only as Pirate Steve. He added "yar" and "arr" and "aye" to every sentence and wielded a cutlass. Tom Bonne was kind of a thin and sickly looking guy, but according to everyone he was very good with his crossbow. You don't need to be that strong to aim good, I guess.
    Zach also hired 34 other crewman to work the ship, but they weren't particularly memorable to him.

He bought 144 bolts for the ships ballistae, and an amazing quality lock for the ship's hold. All that was left for him was to set up the loot sharing policy, figure out what to do with his boat, and buy enough food for that trip.

"Darling," Blackpool started, "as much as I appreciate the cleavage - and I do - you ought to show more. Or get bigger breasts. Or both. Or better yet, wear no clothes. And in a most fortuitous turn of events, I do believe my cabin currently has a dazzling away of no clothes, isn't that right first mate?!"
    The dark skinned woman's lips curled into an amused smirk. "That's right, captain."
    "Damn straight it is!" He proceeded to smash his mug on the floor. "Barkeep, what was that? No - I know that was a mug, you shithead, I'm not that drunk yet, unfortunately. I meant the thing in the drink! Don't care, I'll have another. What? Nonsense! I have not yet begun to debase myself!"

His entourage erupted into laughter.
    Last edited by Kodos; 08-18-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Amanda joined in with the laughter. "Hahaha! You guys seem like a lot of fun.. Mind if I hang around? With this new crew I joined up with, I might be dead in a few days. It'd be good to party real hard before then!"

When Blackpool smashed the glass, a red eye stirred. Jang reared up slowly in a lingering daze, sloppily brushing away a few pieces of beef jerky that had become embedded in her face. She remained relatively silent in this state of stupor, examining the others again, and struggling to recollect the exact details of the pact she had just entered into... The only thing that apparently deserved a grunt of disapproval was that somebody had gotten a round in without her.

A growing surge of energy, starting in her chest, exiting her mouth as a weird elongated yawn-screech. Fighting the sleep like a dire foe, she raised her hands up in the air, them slammed them down on the table using all the strength from her shoulders. "...You bun'cha... fuckin'... dry-ass monkey land scab eating bastard sluts!"

For an added moment, she just sat, stared straight ahead in a fit of rage, gritting her teeth...

...Then, it passed like a wave, and she placidly made her way to the bar with a tired, whimsical expression plastered all over her docile face.

"Gimme... Gimme somethin' with ya hops, ya hear barkeep? An' a few oh rose bucket fish with the red fins. Yeah, hear? Yesh. Ha. Monies, here!"

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, Lacia slithered his way to the edge of the bench and tried his hand at weaseling through Blackpool's posse and himself.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Blackpool seemed to ignore Lacia and Amanda for the most part, more interested in his posse and literally drinking until he passed out and was carried off by his first mate with help from one of his crew who appeared to be a Tiefling.

The next day the crew gathered at the docks where Captain Zach and the Nave del Partido waited. Most of the male crew seemed to be more interested in Annah rather than the boat, though.
    Last edited by Kodos; 08-20-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Groh awoke from a mid morning, trying-to-sleep-off-my-hangover nap, which failed miserable. He looked down and noticed next to him was a pool of his own vomit that seemed to resemble a flower. He found this very funny. After half a minute he forgot what he was laughing about and started to take in the docks which surrounded him, but his vision was still just as blurry as it was the night before. He realised he was leaning against a barrel which seemed to have a splinter in its centre that stuck into his lower back, piercing him through his thick fur. He was aware of it, yet couldn't feel it. Strange. A cold feeling spread through his stomach and the blood vessels behind his eyes felt like that were expanding.

'Fucking shit ale'

He contemplated standing up, but once he realised that moving was to much effort, he stayed where he was, drifting in and out of conciousness, quite blissfully.

When she saw Nave del Partido, a huge smile spread across Amanda's face. "Hee hee..." She laughed to herself while imagining all the adventures they might have. Of course the thought of endless fortunes to be taken probably caused the giddiness also. Then she saw Captain Zach and any sign of happiness left her face. "Impressive, Captain... The boat actually floats!"

Whether Captain Zach ignored the remark or his attention was just focused elsewhere could be debated.

The lovely smell of fish heads and alcohol proceeded the appearance of Jang, who was wrangling her way up from the water before the most part of the group had even got there. The pier was suspended pretty high off the seafoam, but the slippery wench seemed to make quick work of it even in her permanently inebriated state. In short, the demented thing moved like a slug or snake, but was actually rather good at it.

Not much feeling like standing upright, however, she just sort of rolled onto her back upon the decking and lazily sent an eye towards the human's freaky (to her) bottom hands.

"We really gotta blow our monies on this, huh?" This notion wasn't because the hulk was a run down shambles, but rather because the idea of using a boat at all seemed kinda impractical and hedonistic to her. Like insisting you toboggan everywhere when you want to climb up a mountain. "You losers an't never gonna swim proper if you dun' gettin' your leg feets wet..."
    Last edited by Regantor; 08-20-2011 at 11:32 PM.

"We all look fantastic, don't we!" exclaimed Lacia jokingly. They all looked horrid, and smelled rottenly as well. It was a truly beautiful sight, despite all this, what with a ship to voyage on and hands to man it. Many exhilarating adventures were to be had, and some very long and cheerful nights of warm partying. Lacia could hardly hold in his excitement, and nearly squealed of joy and excited anticipation. It was really great!
    Last edited by Sylux; 08-21-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Captain Zach trod over to where Groh lay, then shoved the hadozee with his boot. "My First Mate can't be sleeping all day. Its time for us to ship out!" He spun around to face the majority of his crew. "You hear that ya scallywags? Get on board, and don't forget anything important, because we're not returning until we're a few thousand gold richer!"

Some crewmen were already onboard getting the ship ready to leave, and Zach marched up the gangplank to join them. Then he looked down on the pier and spoke, "If you've got any questions before we leave, now would be the time to ask them."