Thread: Tsig's Artness

Cool Tsig's Artness

SO I've never been able to keep up an art thread, but here it goes!

Here's some stuff from the old forum (Drawn with Sakura pens):

And I've decided to actually draw out character designs for my OC's, so I've started on that. All of the inks were done with a dip pen and Bombay ink (which I just got a week ago =) ) and the coloring was done with Blick Markers, which I got for Christmas:

This one's for a character in the manga that I've been attempting to work on:

And this one is the main character for a one-shot I'm doing as my "Personal Project" at school (which, by the way, is just another way that the school tries to make sure we have no life...)

That was my second time coloring with markers, and I don't usually color in general so it took me forever to do =/ O and the dates are so that I can look back at my progress in my sketch book better.

Please C&C! Every comment is greatly appreciated =). And just speak the truth, since it's not going to help me at all if you tell me that the picture I drew of a monkey looks like a monkey when it really looks just like an elephant... if you get what I'm saying :P

Thanks =D

Teen Member
    Wow, i think your pics are really good. All of them looked realistic OwO
    The details are so good. Cloth folds and gradation... you did it well!
    I think i really love 2nd and 4th pic since i love modern and casual boys (tehehe..)
    For the 1st pic, i love his pose since i can't create any good pose yet T_T
    The 3rd is good too, his costume really looks like real fighter in real world (too many 'real' XD)

Yeah, I agree with dbc, the 3º pic is my favorite too, I like the way you do study the positions. But, on the first picture the proportion isn't good, I mean, the fingers of the character are in 1º plane, so they should be bigger, It seems that he have a disease D; lol

I like the expression of the second guy, it's realistic. But, the lines of his hair are too strong, if you do a lighter trace "inside" the head it will look better, stronger lines are better just for outer traces.
    Last edited by Tanatos; 01-01-2011 at 02:19 PM.

@dbc: Thanks =D I try to make them seem believable but with my own twist, so it makes me glad that you like them.

@Tanatos:Yea, I just couldn't seem to figure out how to draw the proportions on that guy =/ Lol saying that he looks like he has a disease is a great way to describe it, and now that I look at it it pretty accurately describes the look of most of his anatomy. I see what you mean with the hair thing too. I used stronger lines since I was trying to make his hair pop, but I think that I should have done them still smaller and varied them up more instead of using the same strength for each strand. Thanks =)

I was going through my sketchbook from last year, and I found some stuff I wanted to post:

And here's a sketch that I inked a couple weeks ago.

I want to draw some new stuff, but I've been inspiration-drained by finals =( . Hopefully I'll recover it soon.
    Last edited by Tsig; 01-20-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Hmmm. You're people hav elong torsos, which make they're arms look short. However, you do draw a lot of clean, full-bodies, so just keep up the good work.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I like how the torsos are a bit longer than usual, it's just that the legs don't seem to match up in proportion as well in some drawing than in others. It seems like a different style of drawing to me than it is an error.

your tenth image that you posted is probably my favorite out of them all because the pose and the clothes on the character, the only problem is however is the hand holding onto the hat just looks wrong. The pinky either looks like a thumb or you just made this small mistake without noticing. Otherwise great job, just some body proportion issues with a few of these images.

@Bacon_Barbarian:It's sort of my style but I agree that some of them just don't look right. Since everyone has different proportions, I'll try to vary it with my characters more. Thanks for pointing that out =)

@PWhit:I would say that most of it's my style, but I also definitely see where it doesn't match up smoothly. Thanks and I'll have to practice that more to smooth it out...

@EvAzN:I'm glad you liked it =) When I was drawing that one I didn't pay much attention to the hands, and then afterwards I couldn't figure out why they looked awkward since in my mind I had "placed" all of the fingers in the right place. I think that it is that the pinky looks like a thumb that tripped me up... I'll have to remember that in the future so thanks for realizing the error =)

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Your perspective needs a little work (try doing it with guidelines, to help things look proper) and sometimes your poses are a little awkward. But, beyond that, you don't really need my advice. You're well on your way to becoming an excellent artist.

@CypressDahlia: I'll try the guidelines thing the next time I try perspective =) Thanks! That makes me want to keep on drawing and improving!

Ugh I've had ridiculous computer problems the last few weeks, but I think I've got it all solved now =D So here's an overdue update: The first image was just one I colored from a few months ago, but the other two are completely recent. I tried working on making the proportions more smooth, especially with the last one. I think my problem is in drawing the waist, so I'm approaching it that way.