Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Talk

Funnily enough, I never thought of Appleseed as a mecha title, although I've only seen the '88 oav and read the first volume from the manga. Do the 3D CGI films actually have much mecha content in them?

Sort of. The landmates are there, but they can suddenly fly now for no reason.

The second movie is pretty much just a blur of matrix-fu and slow-mo cam with a completely out of left feild hellraiser-esk villian. If that had any proper mecha stuff in it, I may have deleted it from memory.

Would definately call the manga 'real mecha', through. It's like I've said before, the best mecha series on the ones that don't actually focus on the robots all that much. Hell, Votoms falls into this catagory.
    Last edited by Regantor; 08-04-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Do you know of any comics or animations about aquatic mechs

Blue Submarine no.6 has some.

Mars Daybreak might be a bit closer to what you mean, but I haven't seen it personally.

Actually totally forgot about blue submarine. I'm thinking of mechs that fight on the surface of water though. Idk how plausible that is though.

That sounds really badass actually.

Im thinking of redesigning my old dome mech dudes to have like a balloon on the bottom and replace the trackballs with jet boosters so they could stay on water.

Well if you want the pipe smoking engineer answer, it would probally roll over...

Might work the other way around, through. Like, flat boaty feet and a bunch of boosters on the bottom. You know, 'cause it would sort of be like a really cool catamaran at that point.

Another alternative is sticking stubby little wings on the top, and having it scoot just above the surface at 300+ mph like one of those really cool russian ekranoplans. :3

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    'Real' Mecha;

Wouldn't that be considered "Realistic" then and not "Real?" (Thus my confusion... who comes up with these terms anyways?)

But back to my original request: Can you guys give me some good mecha titles? I have zero (well, very little) experience in this genre, and while I don't enjoy it personally, I want to be "well watched."

I haven't even seen Evangelion---what is your opinion on that?

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Im thinking of redesigning my old dome mech dudes to have like a balloon on the bottom and replace the trackballs with jet boosters so they could stay on water.
    ... Wouldn't that be called an "amphibious aircraft" then? (Well, obviously minus the "dome")

Last edited by theAnimeRebel; 08-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Might work the other way around, through. Like, flat boaty feet and a bunch of boosters on the bottom. You know, 'cause it would sort of be like a really cool catamaran at that point.
    How would you describe boaty feet