Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Talk

Reg I really wish I knew where you learn about all these great series. They're they types of things I would love to watch or read.
    Last edited by Outcast; 12-01-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Being honest I mostly discover stuff after either bouncing into it via youtube or digging up the origins of neat-looking concept art. The Metal Slug games are a good example, since they take loads of influence from Dominion Tank Police.

There are tons upon tons of great 80s series in particular which never made the leap into the english language. It isn't too hard to find fansubs on the net, either, which are very much a legal grey area (They have no american licenses to break, so it isn't technically speaking breaking copyright law.), so long as you have a title to look for.

I could probably make a list, but that seems a little like blowing my own trumpet. *_*

there seems to be a lot of edited videos these days., they seems so fun to watch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    I could probably make a list, but that seems a little like blowing my own trumpet. *_*
    What if I enjoy the sound of you blowing your own trumpet?

Then you might just be a sex fiend. :p

Seriously through, I guess I could start a blog or something if people would actually read it. There are that many series to go back through, and I don't think Rio would take too kindly to me posting hulking great piles of rather dodgy links up here...

I'll smush one together on tumblr and chuck it here in a bit, anyhow.

Maybe you guys can help.

I'm looking for a new series to watch. Something more 'adultish' (not to be confused with hentai-ish); but you know. Blood, gore, action, horror, whatever. The darker the better. Prefer an English dub, because my boyfriend won't watch it with me if he has to read subs. -_- But if not, that's fine. I can watch it in my own time.

I've seen most of the obvious, such as FMA: Brotherhood & Deathnote.

Suggest me some of your favorites! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nude View Post
    Maybe you guys can help.

I'm looking for a new series to watch. Something more 'adultish' (not to be confused with hentai-ish); but you know. Blood, gore, action, horror, whatever. The darker the better. Prefer an English dub, because my boyfriend won't watch it with me if he has to read subs. -_- But if not, that's fine. I can watch it in my own time.

I've seen most of the obvious, such as FMA: Brotherhood & Deathnote.

Suggest me some of your favorites! ^_^
    Gantz? Berserk? Akira?

I don't know, I haven't seen to many "adults" animes, most of the adult material is in manga/comic format.

Gantz. xD

I got like 6 episodes in and I had no idea what was going on. I'll check out Berserk & Akira. I've seen the movie Akira. So good.

For Gantz, read the manga.

Actually if you ask for mangas or comics I can be way more useful (specially because Berserk is way better in manga).

So many Manga's are a lot better than their Anime counterparts. Case in point, Gantz. <.<