Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Talk

If you just like realistic stuffs then you must have hated dragonball z so much huh.

Edit: well the reason I love gurren lagann so much has nothing to do with it being realistic or not.

Every Villain has his own reasons for doing the bad stuffs and the protagonist has a very perfect personality that even though the whole world that he tried to save wanted him to be executed he still in the end up so much into saving them.

He's probably the most selfless guy I seen so far.

No offense but I hated the personality of the protagonist on most gundam stuffs that I actually watched..
    G Seed has a crybaby protagonist
    G seed destiny Has a protagonist with a bad attitude and would use the other guy's weakness of "don't kill" to kill him.
    G 00- is just a freak.. I can't even see much of his purpose in there.
    Last edited by ram; 05-10-2012 at 12:37 AM.

But I like soran.
    No I was mentioning all the unrealistic things in mecha series I've enjoyed.
    Seed was funny all I remember was "kiiiiiiirrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!"
    "aaaaattthhaaaaaaaaarrrrnnnn!!!"
    Also I loved dragon ball z.
    Oh yes seed destiny seems to have a reputation for being the worst gundam series. Personally my favorite was 0080: War in the pocket now there was a selfless/ballsy guy. I also greatly enjoyed turn a.

Damn you for making me remember about that kiiiiiirrraaaaaaa!!!! aaaaaaatttthhaaaaaaaarrrrrrnn!!! scene stuffs..

Well I haven't watched 0080, I might go and try that out since you say the guy is selfless/ballsy guy... That's what I usually want to see in most anime.

Did someone say realism? :3

Seriously, through, most modern 'hard' mecha shows are so flimsy with the facts, that they might as well attack whilst yelling "HYPER REALISM BEAMUUUU!~". Even those that brag about it like Flag or Fully Metal Panicular.

So, yeah, reg still thinks that TTGL is easily the best mecha series of the 2000s.

You have to go back to, like, 1995 to find a decent hard-mecha gem like Macross Plus or Gundam 08th MS team.

Oh yes macross, how should I go about watching those, (preferably in chronological order if they take place in the same universe).

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    If you like dead man's wonderland I think you should check out Minnai Nikki.

Holy shit my friends were just talking about that at lunch today

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    Minai Nikki? Yeah, it's good. The violence at the start is a little undermined after you find out what the story is about, it's a little funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Oh yes macross, how should I go about watching those, (preferably in chronological order if they take place in the same universe).
    Eh, Macross is alot like Gundam. Loads of series that don't have much to do with each other. The original hasn't aged super well, and I personally don't like this newfangled frontieer too much, mind... So you'd probally be alright if you just started wherever. I'd recommend the aforementioned Plus, actually, since it's basically stand-alone.

In other news;

I would totally watch a series where the protagonists fight against super-mecha in their realistic garbage cans on legs. :3

Isn't Mirai Nikki?