Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    Mikasa es su casa
    I laughed far too much at this.

For those of you who like legit streams, Crunchyroll has picked up both seasons of the excellent ̶m̶a̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ gambling epic, Kaiji. The first series is available for free at the moment, but it looks as if the whole thing will be unlocked for non-subscribers within time.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kaiji

So just finished 0083 stardust memory.
    Am I expected to believe kou and nina lived happily ever after or something 'cause the ending seems to want that.

Yeah. For a series that starts so strong, the last couple of eps are really balls.

Is 0083 still worth watching? I'm not big into Gundam generally, but that is one of the few entries that does appeal to me, mostly due to the apparent lack of an angst-riddled teenage protagonist.

To be fair to it, most of the mecha fights and music and stuff are pretty good, and the pacing is nice and brisk. Only really the very odd and unsatisfying ending that lets it down.

Not as good as War in the Pocket, or 8th MS team (Ironically has exactly the same problem, but for differant reasons), but better than 99% of the non-UC Gundam stuff. So the same quality level as something like Gasaraki or Blue Gender, I guess?...
    Last edited by Regantor; 08-01-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    0083 has the most 80s opening theme.

08th MS Team was the shit, from what I recall, although it's been ages. Which was War in the Pocket? 0080?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

8th ms team has some awesome moments but it's sort of bogged down by being an extremely shitty love story and having a lot of... 'anime' moments. I can't even really articulate what I mean by that but it definitely holds up.

Im trying to watch armor hunter mellowlink and while I love the concept I'm not sure I can really watch the whole thing. I'm not super invested in Mellowlink despite loving the fights.

Mellolink has some kinda dodgy moments earlier on, *ahem* the prison episode, but it does get better IMO. It helps that his enemies start to get alot 2D in the second half... and, well, you know, actually competent.

0080; War in the pocket is kinda a weird one in alot of ways. A squeeky kid protaganist would normally be a mega turn off, but here, without sticking him in a giant robot, and basically having a Zaku as the closest thing to a 'lead' mech, it ignores every cliche and feels very fresh as a result.

IGLOO, which is basically never mentioned, I feel deserves a special mention because it's hammy as frig, but in all the right ways. I've never seen another series where the characters outright admit that they are flying cannon fodder, and yet still charge right in willingly. Plus zeeks being the focus for once is always nice.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar

I guess something must be wrong with me, considering I'm probably the only one on here who doesn't like mecha.

(*has no clue what you guys are talking about*)
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)