Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Talk

Niether. Are they on Netflix or Hulu?

Watched a shonen series for once. Claymore. A really weird combination of melodramatic and fighty-gorey. I liked the fact they completely avoid the "main character is jesus" trope, with the main characters not really able to do anything about the token evil overlords or nasty organisation that they work for. The plot is instead completely about grudges and personal honour. Accidently going super sayan during a fight was also reprosented as being the absolute worst thing that can happen, too, which was pretty cool. Can't help but feel like the romance parts of the plot were totally limp-wristed, through.

I'd probally give it a 7ish out of 10.

(Actually a cover for the manga, but screw it.)

That writer also did Angel Densetsu. Seriously one of the best manga ever.

Sounds legit. I have heard of it before, just never got around to reading it. Possibly because of the whole high school thing.

Seriously, most obvious question ever, but what is it with the nipponese and high school? >_>

Any One Piece fans wondering if they should get the new game or not: I wrote a sort-of-review.

http://jubeh.tumblr.com/post/3406626...arriors-review

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Watched a shonen series for once. Claymore. A really weird combination of melodramatic and fighty-gorey. I liked the fact they completely avoid the "main character is jesus" trope, with the main characters not really able to do anything about the token evil overlords or nasty organisation that they work for. The plot is instead completely about grudges and personal honour. Accidently going super sayan during a fight was also reprosented as being the absolute worst thing that can happen, too, which was pretty cool. Can't help but feel like the romance parts of the plot were totally limp-wristed, through.

I'd probally give it a 7ish out of 10.

(Actually a cover for the manga, but screw it.)
    ya the romance stuff in the manga is less awful >_>

Cake tell him how good angel densetsu is.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Have u seen boogiepop phantom or serial experiments lain

Due I went looking for these over the weekned & couldn't find them. Of course, I could've looked further than Netflix & Hulu+....maybe Crunchy Roll's got 'em?

Anyways, I DID find this really cool anime called Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne & it was pretty good. I'd love to read the manga. Story's really dark but lighthearted at points the & supernatural elements are fairly creative. Maybe a little too heavy on the bdsm though. But admittedly, the main character's an "immortal" woman who's infamously hard to kill. It's cool but still not quite what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a very dark supernatural thriller with a story so off the wall that I'll have to watch it like 4 times to get the full gist.

Rin is lame watch the ones I told u

Yeah...Ima do that as soon I can find 'em.

Okay, yeah they're on Netflix just not for my PS3 so I'mm look at 'em online tonight!
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 10-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.