Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Talk

I heard about that too, but since it's like 40+ episodes and only a few people even bought the movies, I guess I'm not too surprised.

The TV series is great through. They really go for a "slice of life... with giant robots" approach that reminds me quite a bit of sci-sitcoms like Red Dwarf. Even the main mecha, the Ingram, isn't really that remarkable or likable until they start representing it as a completely underpowered and overworked old warhorse. The guy who did the mecha designs latter went on to design all the mecha mooks from Gundam Wing, if that gives you any indication.

Youtube seem to have relaxed their copyright policy a bit, so I'm tentatively putting up a couple of older reviews that weren't previously uploaded:

7 8 9 Member
    I just started getting into the anime of One Piece, and Bleach (sorry, I am still kind of a newbie XD) and then I realized that there are a huuuuugggee amount of episodes!!!! Has anyone actually seen all of the episodes?? If you have, please tell me how!!!!

With one piece its better to read the manga that way it doesn't take 6 years.

The last trailer left me a little worried, but the new JoJo's series seems very promising.

While I think it's being done on the cheap, they do a good job of hiding it and they've got the distinctive look of the manga artwork down very well. Not so keen on the comedy sound-effects that pop-up during some of the fights, but I was relieved that they went through the first few chapters so quickly. I found the opening of Part 1 very mawkish and hard to get through in the manga (JoJo's father is apparently blind, deaf and stupid), so I'm glad that the series doesn't dwell on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    While I think it's being done on the cheap, they do a good job of hiding it and they've got the distinctive look of the manga artwork down very well. Not so keen on the comedy sound-effects that pop-up during some of the fights, but I was relieved that they went through the first few chapters so quickly. I found the opening of Part 1 very mawkish and hard to get through in the manga (JoJo's father is apparently blind, deaf and stupid), so I'm glad that the series doesn't dwell on it.
    I disagree about capturing the artwork. It doesn't resemble araki's old style or his current one. For a while I wondered if they even liked araki. Though they did nail the vibrant colors I associate with jojo.

And I actually enjoyed the sound effects. Like them or not they are crucial in jojo. ZYUUUUN is legendary and they totally nailed the kiss scene.

Scenes like that made up for the main problem I had which was the character design. All the iconic scenes were framed exactly like the comic and if they keep this up the other parts (if they animate them) will be a treat.

I wonder if they'll be able to capture the flamboyancy of the manga once the fighting starts though. Specifically a lot of joseph's weird poses in part 2. I feel like they would be captured oddly in the current art style. Only time will tell.

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    I'm getting my friend's into Miyazaki :3 This is good, very good...
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I disagree about capturing the artwork. It doesn't resemble araki's old style or his current one. For a while I wondered if they even liked araki. Though they did nail the vibrant colors I associate with jojo.
    Actually, yeah - having gone back and looked again, it's not as close as I thought it was. I do like the look of the series far more than the look of the Phantom Blood film though.

Anybody know of any good paranormal anime out there? You know...like Another or Hell Girl?

Have u seen boogiepop phantom or serial experiments lain