Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random talk that may interest you(about living in Japan,Manga,Learning Japanese)

You see,it's because comic have like different styles?Well,fine,I won't touch on it much.
    Next,sucidal?Are you going there for sucidal or what?

"I invite everyone to come here to learn about art. "
    sure,go ahead.I 'm not against it.Everybody can invite people to different countries,why can't you?

"I don't understand when you have everything you need at the doors of your house and you don't pick it, maybe because I don't have that luck. "

That doesn't even apply to my topic at all.."Random talk that may interest you" If that doesn't interest you,you can just leave it alone?Many of the people in the world have the desire to go to Japan.

No offence here.I created this thread just to make people realise their dreams and grasp the opportunity for some things they do not know of.

I'm sorry if my words hurt you.But,please understand.

Quote Originally Posted by shinko-miki View Post
    You see,it's because comic have like different styles?Well,fine,I won't touch on it much.
    What? so which is that unique style? because as far as I can see, both have different styles and both have similar styles. Even more the "Mangas" you know are mix between japanese art, with french and USA comics.

Next,sucidal?Are you going there for sucidal or what?
    Read everything. I said, part of their great educational system also provoke the biggest deaths.

"I invite everyone to come here to learn about art. "
    sure,go ahead.I 'm not against it.Everybody can invite people to different countries,why can't you?
    This wasn't to you, but more to show that it's more important a good education than the cultural learning. You can have this learning in any other moment.

"I don't understand when you have everything you need at the doors of your house and you don't pick it, maybe because I don't have that luck. "
    That doesn't even apply to my topic at all.."Random talk that may interest you" If that doesn't interest you,you can just leave it alone?Many of the people in the world have the desire to go to Japan.
    Again this wasn't for you.

No offence here.I created this thread just to make people realise their dreams and grasp the opportunity for some things they do not know of.
    I'm sorry if my words hurt you.But,please understand.
    I don't see how words can hurt me.

Well,I surrender,so let's stop it then,sorry for making it into a fight.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Christ, Clock, just let it go.

Whether or not you like the idea isn't going to cause the organization to rescind their offer.

It sounds like a nice offer. I just wish I hadn't spent my hard-earned summer money on random crap this entire year, else I would've been able to go easily. But then again, just about every Asian in every country speaks to other Asians in their own language and then the traveling Asians embarrass themselves when they open their mouths, so that might've been too humiliating for me to stomach. :P

Lol.
    I think what clock is trying to say is
    "Japan is not the greatest place in the world. It is a country like any other"
    I don't think he tried to offend you. I just wish that people would visit Japan more so for the cultural experince instead of the manga stuff. People need to get their heads out of their asses and stop trying to be wapanese.

Hmm, it seems like one of those typical package deal offers that independant companys do. The selling point is the 30 hours of manga artist training, so it seems, which may very well be insightful, but is it worth the money? Not sure. I think 195,000 YEN is about £1500, which means its 90 trillion US Dollars, so for what you will be getting out of it, it sems a bit steep, imo. They seem to be selling it on the authentisity of trip; This is Tokyo, home of manga. I suppose you could equate it to learning Irish dancing. You can learn to Irish dance anywhere in the world, but some will say 'No, you must learn in Dublin, because that is where you will learn the 'proper' method. Now all I need is your credit card details.'

I don't mean to sound too cynical because you do seem to get a fair amount for your money, but with the same amount of money you could get alot more. If you want to see Japan, buy an off-peak ticket, eat street food and sleep in hostels/couchsurf. If ya want to speak Japanese, go to your local college and do an evening course. If you want to improve your manga skills...draw more manga. Never been a fan of package deals anyway, more often than not they eliminate the interaction element of travel and turn it into a glorified couch trip. Too some thats great, but that ain't for me.

Nonetheless, it does seem interesting.

I'd argue that manga and stuff IS part of the cultural experience.

No need to argue, I agree with that logic. But in my opinion being taught how to draw manga for 30 hours is not what I would call a cultural experience. But we're all different.

True that. But it's valuable knowledge for animators/artists, which I think this package particularly caters to. Especially those who want to succeed in this particular field of animation/art.