Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random talk that may interest you(about living in Japan,Manga,Learning Japanese)

Random talk that may interest you(about living in Japan,Manga,Learning Japanese)

Don't worry ,this is definitely not spamming at all
    THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!

1.Staying in Japan

(sorry,there'll be lots of CAPS LOCK in this heading (x.x)
    Now they have this epic stay where you can live in Japan,which makes me drool over about it.You can learn manga straight from there. You can stay there for like *counting* 2 weeks for just 195000 yen ?
    NOT JUST THAT!
    -Get to visit GREAT PLACES like Ghibli Museum(Never heard of it?Studio Ghibli is the one that made that famous movie-Totoro..)
    -Get to go to a JAPANESE GAME SHOW
    -Stay in great hotels or DORMITORY...
    -GO TO SCHOOLS
    AND MUCH MORE!!!

It'll be held on 5th to 18th September !Don't miss it!
    Click here for more details

2.Two week online Kana course
    Well,it might be useful for you to learn some Japanese if you plan to be a mangaka in Japan or learn more info on anime and manga on Japanese website.
    It's FREE and it would usually cost quite a lot to get lessons of that quality...
    Well,click here to APPLY

3.Get lessons straight from Japan!
    Well,those lucky ones who can do online shopping ,this is a chance for people like you!
    You can pay to get lessons straight away online!
    Head here for more details and to buy!

Well,this is all I can remember now...I'll add more if remember more of it.Anybody with great things to share,feel free to lengthen it.Just make it related to manga.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    You can go to school there and learn animation, art, etc: Yoyogi Animation Gakuin and Nihon Kogakuin College. There's some more school links in the Resource page (More > Resource). There's also a travel agency based in California - forgot the name - that does themed packages for trips to Japan.

I might do that. o_o

Dude, you live in USA, the best place on earth to learn about animation and drawing. And you want to learn from Japan? wtf?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Yeah, man, it's totally not worthwhile to experience a different culture and get a taste of the outside world, maybe broaden your horizons a little. What are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Yeah, man, it's totally not worthwhile to experience a different culture and get a taste of the outside world, maybe broaden your horizons a little. What are you thinking?
    yeah.

I like how straight up clock is with that response.

yeah i wish i live in USA too. but hey if you guys live in my country and you have a money for this. you'll probably try it too.

Manga originates from Japan,so it's good to learn their 'original version' as the country is best in manga and anime now,in the world。。。to improve yourself a level higher.Plus Japan is good in teaching,as what statistics show...

So,it's worthy to go there and learn a few things before coming back.

Shinko-miki@
    Yeah, there is no other place in the world with something similar to mangas. Oh wait, they are, Europe has a full history of graphic narration that come even before Medieval times.

And Manga is the same as comic, I'm tired of people calling them as something different. Both use image, both use dialogues, both have the ame estructure, the is no real difference appart of the place were they are done.

Also yeah japan is great to learn, how many suicides are per year at cause of the education system they have? And if you ask me, USA, many European countries, and others are way better places to learn.

If the idea of learning from other culture sounds great, then I invite everyone to come here to learn about art. Because who cares the quality of the place were you are learning, it's the cultural experiensse what you want. I don't understand when you have everything you need at the doors of your house and uou don't pick it, maybe because I don't have that luck.