Thread: Sephiroth's Art *Nudity Present*

Sephiroth's Art *Nudity Present*

These are two drawings i did of one of my characters on an RP I'm apart of.Both were drawn then "inked" slightly and cleaned up on photoshop.

Would really like some critiques on the anatomy, also maybe some tips for feet and hands.

And this is just for fun, we had talked about what our characters would look like if they were mlp style pony's. Some critiques on the coloring would be noce though, it was my first time trying to color using photoshop.

Could you clean the inside to?

Also try to work the symmetry, the length of the neck and the head sizes of the body.

master the gravity of the whole thing. It's better to put a vertical line when your doing a standing person.

that first picture looks like she's going to fall of any second.

Yeah that was a bit of an accident on my sake, my scanner doesn't work so I had to take a picture. The reason she is leaning is because of me angling the camera. ^^u

Hmm try not to press down so hard with your pencil.. your lines are VERY heavy and dark.. you should do some value bars to get a hold of your pressure control.. after that, your hand should be nice and loose and sketching will come more natural

As for anatomy, in the top one there, where her left arm connects to the body, you've committed one of the first basic anatomy errors most beginners make.. :P ..the arm isn't centered properly on the torso, it looks like it's just glued on to the shoulder blade or something. I suggest drawing from life and doing some figure studies and focusing on this area...

Quote Originally Posted by Egoslip View Post
    Hmm try not to press down so hard with your pencil.. your lines are VERY heavy and dark.. you should do some value bars to get a hold of your pressure control.. after that, your hand should be nice and loose and sketching will come more natural

As for anatomy, in the top one there, where her left arm connects to the body, you've committed one of the first basic anatomy errors most beginners make.. :P ..the arm isn't centered properly on the torso, it looks like it's just glued on to the shoulder blade or something. I suggest drawing from life and doing some figure studies and focusing on this area...
    Thanks for the advice! I can definitely see what you talking about the left arm, I may trying to fix that when I get home.

As for the pressing down hard, its not really that dark, I darkened them in photoshop. When I get back home and get a hand on my sketch book I'll take some new pics to show you the originals.I actually have a pretty light touch. ^_^((Dumb me forgot to save the original pics.))
    Last edited by sephiroth952; 08-12-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Banned
    It looks like you're still somewhat of a beginner but I like your drawings. Follow the advice that you've been given and you'll make lots of progress