Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you get your story idea?

Fenn
    I like to tie in science and philosophy to my stories, and merge them with mythology and lore. The combinations lead to some remarkably impossible yet seemingly plausible devices.

I always start from some basic idea and make a basic story around it, then i'll become the ultimate hater of my own work, and based on what i hate about the story, i keep changing it until i'm satisfied (the changes are about the plot, i try to not touch the settings whenever i can...)

Well believe it or not, my current animation production originated as a venture to get Jaidurn to say homosexual things to me but I decided homosexuality in a cartoon wouldn't get me as many 5s on Newgrounds (higher score = more fame and actual money), so it transformed it into something to tie into Outcast. No, not you, Outcast, our game Outcast. Speaking of, that story idea actually came from MT's own Outcast's name.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Well believe it or not, my current animation production originated as a venture to get Jaidurn to say homosexual things to me but I decided homosexuality in a cartoon wouldn't get me as many 5s on Newgrounds (higher score = more fame and actual money), so it transformed it into something to tie into Outcast. No, not you, Outcast, our game Outcast. Speaking of, that story idea actually came from MT's own Outcast's name.
    This is the kind of confounded, obscure origin by which an original story is made. Take notes people.

I don't know how to say from what to get ideas. But here are some weird stuff:

1)Draw a small manga based on the Soviet children's stories about pinoeers, heroism and labor.
    2)Draw a small manga based onto most dramatic moments from my life, mostly when I was a kid.
    3)Draw a small manga based onto most dramatic moments from my friends' life, mostly when they was young.
    4)Draw a small manga where all characters are cute nekos.
    5)Draw a small manga that contains lots of crude humour and violence, and full of foul language.
    6)Draw a small manga about war between cute, young, nice and peaceful neko/kitsune/usagi characters and old, dark, evil and violent human characters, which end is that evil side wins.
    7)Draw a lolicon manga with strong hentai and violence.

I usually can't design a character, but some dumped character designs I have. Since I draw body not so good, I couldn't show the whole characters to you. Now, when I read the tutorial Basic Tips: Drawing 101, I will improve my skills, but I don't have a mood for drawing and an inspiration. For writing a manga story, I can't select the demographic style between kodomo, shonen, shojo, seinen and josei, I can't select a rating, I can't select a theme, I can't select an idea or main thought etc. I lost my inspiration during my summer because I spent all my summer holidays alone in the dark room with lots of dust.