Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you get your story idea?

How did you get your story idea?

People get their ideas from all corners of life, but where did you get your story/stories idea(s) from? A simple thought? A dream? Maybe even from another story???

My example: I got the idea of one of my stories called, "Undercover Ghost" from watching the movie, "The Six Sense". When I was watch the movie the idea just pop up in my head, and it just carried on from there.

So, anyone like to share?

I got my idea for my current main story (Albino) by happening to like lolis and albino people. So I built an albino loli as a character, tried out a few failed plots, and eventually Seefy told me about some albino hunting thing over in Africa where superstitious sadists murdered albino people and sold their limbs for "good luck." Conflict acquired. Story in progress.

Fenn
    My ideas are usually triggered by brainstorming about cliches and how to twist them. I'm always asking myself "what if" questions. One of my story ideas, which was triggered by a discussion about zombies, was, "What if zombies weren't evil, and weren't disgusting? What if they were smart and well, not so gross? How would that play out?"

I just got mine playing video games all of the time. "kingdom hearts" would be my main inspiration.

i really like designing action scenes (fighting style, using of powers)...its fun THINKING ALL THOSE STUFFS..
    then i think whats the reason for fighting , how they got there powers, what should be the ending and what should be the start.
    LIKE THIS I BUILT A STORY ..........and hell ya i got my story.

101 Dalmations Member
    . .whenever I encounter a really cool idea . .or just something that interests me. .or a certain characteristic of a person I met. .I just feel like making a story. . I love mystery. . . .and psychological stories which have really cool twists. . and I always think of certain unique situations. .and I try to make the plot of the story revolve around them. . or think of a character with cool abilities. . related to my favorite genre and make a story revolving around him. .I also research on how to make psychological stories and mysteries. .I take ideas from deathnote, bleach and before. .detective conan. .I also love phoenix wright. .really cool. .if you wanna know more about the stories I made. .or if you have interests on my genre . .you can just pm me. or post something on my page. .^^. .really hope to see ur future works. .^^

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The idea for my current/mostly dead comic came from my every day life as a skateboarder, and then being able to mix stuff that would never be possible into the story.

Fenn
    Another source: music with lyrics that are really vague, but sound really deep.

@Fenn - Vague lyrics are cool because they can be interpreted in a million different ways.

I forgot something in my original post. Most of my ideas are spontaneous, but if I see a movie, play a game, or read a book I really like, elements from that book will somehow find their way into whatever story is my current one. After seeing Transformers for the first time, I kept seeing the Transformers font even though I was using TNR, and my settings suddenly shifted to the middle of a city with high-tech battles. I think Inception had me writing all philosophical and Narnia got me into Christian allegory fantasy. I accidentally screwed over the "Christian" part in the first chapter by accident. Now it's an "all gory fantasy."

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I like to write about different topics that I'm interested in. I sometimes use writing as a research tool to gain knowledge about things that I don't know a lot about. Most of the time my stories are built around characters because they are character-sriven plots. So once I feel like I have a good handful of cast characters created, I'll put them together and worldbuild from there.