Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discarded Manga Ideas/Plots

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    That's not what I was pointing out (I'm good at Geography guys!) it was the "COUNTRY of Africa" bit ...
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

alright, i dropped two.

4-GiriGiri: (lol)

SPOILER! :
    this story is about an angel, who was really full of herself. she showed off her power to the other angels any time she had the chance to and laughed at humans' incapabilities. one day, she became carried away and said that god is the most foolish existence in the world to his(god's) face and called herself more worthy of being the creator of everything in front of all the creatures in heaven. naturally, god got angry and fed up with her attitude and decided a punishment for her. the punishment was that she should be banned into earth and spend the rest of her life helping and saving humans from natural disasters, and while doing that, she shouldn't show herself to anyone.
    she spent a year doing that and during that time, she became more and more frustrated at herself, but the thing she was most frustrated at was that everything she did and every miracle she performed was credited to god. in fact, she was so frustrated and stubborn that she made all of them look like they were done by a single normal boy just to defy god...
    the story is about this boy, who later came to be known as a prophet because of his miracles...

though it might sound a bit serious, this was done while i was thinking of it as a comedy, so yeah, it's a comedy... the reason for dropping it was that i wasn't able to expand on the story and plot, and this moe-like image i had of it really turned me off...

5- Unnamed:
    SPOILER! :
    this story is about a group of graduates from the academy of the supernatural defence measures (SDM), who are given their first mission to find someone while being under the supervision of a master exorcist. but this person they are going to find is no easy prey, his name is "Unnamed", a former master exorcist who abandoned the academy 100 years ago and sold out his friends to the demons and burned down the great library and all the info the exorcists had about demons along with it, and by doing so, he attained powers exceeding humans from the demons.
    the story is actually not about finding unnamed's identity, the readers will find that after one or two chapters, he's gamma, the master exorcist supervising their mission. the story is about how gamma leads this team through different demonic dimensions to follow all the clues left by himself and by doing so, he slowly explains the reasons behind his actions in the last 100 years...

although i abandoned this because it was a bit cliché (and also because ao no exorcist suddenly came and i just didn't feel like doing it anymore), i still kept many of the great characters and plot twists for further use in future stories.

also, i originally planned to start drawing unnamed as a manga and improve my drawing skills with it, but now i changed my mind and i want to pick up "Haven of Ice" again and make some changes, because it starts out much more slowly so i can slowly adapt myself to it, and it's a bit more focused on different areas rather than characters. what do you guys think? any idea which one will help more with my art?
    Last edited by BozeSG; 10-12-2011 at 07:55 PM.

I have one. I didn't really know about the title, so I took that from the bible. It's called Den of thieves. I sorta thought about what was doing well, y'know, ninjas, mafia, pirates, teachers, shinigami, etc. These are all jobs, and the manga are about their lives and how they find happiness, kill some evil guy, save the world, etc. So my stupid idea was to have a story about a profession that wasn't known much about, but would be interesting. I chose thieves. The story went, a young man, who's father was a famous thief, was murdered before the son's eyes. In his escape with his sister, (minor character), he leaves and goes to a bar/club/watever, and a friend shows him to a secret room, in which a trapdoor leads into an underground base for theives, and the boy learns stuff and gets more powerful, etc.
    Last edited by snowb400; 11-19-2011 at 11:44 AM.

I really like Choiceless aka Flash box.

Here's my idea
    1. No title
    -Sci-fi
    -Romance
    -Action

Plot: Main character is a female who is 16 years old she was the result of a secret government funded project to great the ultimate human weapon (cliche I know). Prologue At the time of her creation the project and the facility, named Mobious, was threatened to be shut down completely being the 24th and suppose to be last "weapon" created thus named Omega aka Megusu (Meg/Megan). While the main character was young Akiko Hashimoto (who is the one of the head scientists working on the project and the wife of Michael Hashimoto) stole her from the facility because Akiko did not know that Megusu would be considered a weapon and be sold to the government. Akiko took Megusu left her husband and ran hiding in the country side raising her as her own daughter. Seven years later Michael finds Akiko and Megusu forcing Megusu to watch Akiko being beaten and killed. He then takes her back to Mobious Labs where he molds her into the ultimate solider and using his newly developed genetic technology allowing her to have superhuman abilities.
    Present Now 16 she managed to escape from the facility and her government handlers she now acts as a contract assassin and part time vigilante. As a teenager/young adult she struggles with fitting in at the boarding school that she is attending. Despite her cool attitude toward people and trust issues she manages to catch the eye of a young teacher's assistant. Who quickly finds himself in danger as Mobious tries to locate Megusu.

That's about it for that one I came up with this idea last year (I think maybe 2 years ago) although there has been many variations to the story since its creation.

Eh. The problem with the 'goverment super soldier' plot is that it's done really, really often... But if you can think of more elements to the universe that don't revolve around Megan you could probally get away with it anyway.

The movie Serenity is a good example. One of the main characters is exactly this, but the goverment is up to so many more nasty things that she doesn't seem quite as sue-ish as you'd think.

Just keep in mind that if all the bad guys have to do is sit around and talk about the main character, then... Well, yeah, there is probally a major problem. >_>

Recommend you to use this thread for feed backs.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...scussion/page7

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Hey, no backseat modding. Eh.

I'm fine with feedback in this thread, honestly. Otherwise why bother having it? If the posters don't want some sort of input on their unused ideas - why bother sharing them? But if it's an active project, then post it in general manga thread, yeah.

Honestly I think the best use for this thread might be to post your discarded ideas and share with us why you discarded them - assuming it wasn't just lack of interest. If it was a particular flaw or issue, maybe we can help so you can pick it back up.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    So maybe you should add that to the title/OP.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Me? I'll edit it in later I guess. Sorry. Codeine and ear infection and sleep need now.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!