Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Questions, Suggestions, and All That

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I really hope so, because as it is now I really don't see how it's any better than the last abortive attempt. If anything it may, in fact, be worse.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fenn
    This is probably insignificant, but any chance we'll get the censor back? I laughed at every silly goose I read, and it was polite for when I had others watching me over my shoulder.

Yeah there is a lot of work to be done.

Also I dont know how I feel about the reputation feature. They used to have that at shoryuken.com and it was horrible. You couldn't post differing opinions or you would get rep bombed.

Does the reputation feature have any tangible effects beyond e-peen size?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

In older VBulletin, there is the function of lowering down the size of a bulky images, when you post it. You can also control what size of images get cuts down(for e.g 100 w and 200 h - anything that goes beyond this number will get cut down).

You can also resize the image to its original size if you click on it(in the post). I don't know if that function is here, because I can't see it in my settings.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    This is my first time using Vbulletin administratively so I've still got a lot of things to figure out (new settings, locations and all that). You'll just have to bear with it until things get back to as normal as possible. Anyways, I'll look into all the complaints...

[UPDATE]
    Ok, I've been fiddling with stuff in the settings. I've got:

1. Reputation is now OFF.
    2. You can now post however long a post you want to. No character limit.
    3. You can post however many images, videos, etc in your posts. No image/video limit.
    4. The thread starter should now be able to change the title of the thread at any time.
    5. There will be no word censors here at this forum (at least for now) due to the inability of each member to choose whether to use the word censor or not.

I'll post more as I get it done.

Is it possible to change the post indicator thingies? Like the bits where it says if there's a new post, etc? Cuz right now it's sort of weird and foreign to me.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    You mean the icons? The one's that turn gray, purple and so on depending on if there's something new or not? It can be done but there'll be some editing involved.

Anyways, more updates:
    6. Avatars can now be up to 150x150 pixels.
    7. Siggy limits will remain as is. I will not be changing them though in future, I'll be making it an option to "size up" in future using your Activity Points.

Sweet. Thanks Rio.
    Also yeah those icons are the things I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    You mean the icons? The one's that turn gray, purple and so on depending on if there's something new or not? It can be done but there'll be some editing involved.

Anyways, more updates:
    6. Avatars can now be up to 150x150 pixels.
    7. Siggy limits will remain as is. I will not be changing them though in future, I'll be making it an option to "size up" in future using your Activity Points.
    Cool, thanks. If you could do something about the post length limits though, that's really the killer. Also to a lesser extent the limit of four images per post and worse, if such a thing exists and I've yet to encounter it, any sort of link limit. The DnD threads obviously have lots of links in every post, due to rolls, and also sometimes can have many images due to maps and stuff.

Glad to hear though.