Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 155

Thread: The Science Thread

  1. #131
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,896
    Yes. It's very terrible and sensationalist science reporting - par for the course. They discovered what may or may not have been particles going faster than light. Shit like this happens all the time. In a few months after other scientists have repeated this experiment and gathered new data, then we will know what is going on.

    EDIT: Hell, it even says as much.
    "Ereditato declined to speculate on what it might mean if other physicists, who will be officially informed of the discovery at a meeting in CERN on Friday, found that OPERA's measurements were correct."

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  2. #132
    Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Posts
    11,879

  3. #133
    Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    So in our minds we see all white people as black people and vice versa.

    I coulda sworn that black kid looked like Jesus.

  4. #134
    999 Knights Member Gedeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boljevci, Serbia
    Posts
    1,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Yes. It's very terrible and sensationalist science reporting - par for the course. They discovered what may or may not have been particles going faster than light. Shit like this happens all the time. In a few months after other scientists have repeated this experiment and gathered new data, then we will know what is going on.

    EDIT: Hell, it even says as much.
    "Ereditato declined to speculate on what it might mean if other physicists, who will be officially informed of the discovery at a meeting in CERN on Friday, found that OPERA's measurements were correct."
    Well i remain a foolish positivist<--- i hope i spelled it right! It would be nice to discover something that could shake up one of the foundations of quantum physics in my lifespan.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

  5. #135
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,896
    We've discovered a lot of crap that shook up physics in your life time.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  6. #136
    Super Senior Member Outcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    (・ω・`)
    Posts
    2,424
    Out of curiosity... Examples?

  7. #137
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    Well i remain a foolish positivist<--- i hope i spelled it right! It would be nice to discover something that could shake up one of the foundations of quantum physics in my lifespan.
    Never be positivist, always be Falsifiabilist (that is how I write it Popper?)

  8. #138
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,896
    How old is Gedeon? Get me his age and I'll get you a list.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  9. #139
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,337
    Positivism is so modernist. Interpretivism is more sensible.

    Well, using interpretivism first, then positivism, is more sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  10. #140
    Super Senior Member Outcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    (・ω・`)
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    How old is Gedeon? Get me his age and I'll get you a list.
    Let's just go with late teens.
    Last edited by Outcast; 09-25-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •