Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Science Thread

Ah yes, genetic algorithms are very interesting, and generally anything regarding artificial intelligence. I am also interested in biology.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    It's essentially very accurate. The slightest reason to completely distrust science, and people take it, dispite ignoring loads of evidence against superstition, religion, etc.

However, it's never been the scientific method I've been distruftful of. It's the people performing the science. You don't have to be moral to be a scientist. At all. While I don't show them the amount of distrust I show politicians and the media, I still have great reservations on many scientific topic because of the immense human factor involved. Scientists need and want money, and fame, and success, just like the rest of us.

THEY HAVE FOUND PARTICLES FASTER THEN LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I don't even.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    No they haven't.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    THEY HAVE FOUND PARTICLES FASTER THEN LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    According to...I think its general relativity, as objects move faster through space they move slower through time. Light speed is the maximum speed through space anthing can travel, because it does not travel through time. The particles you are talking about would be traveling backwards through time O_O

Nope!!! heard it on the new's and in the papers this morning. They only travel a few(not sure how many) nano-seconds faster then light!!! Im gonna give you guys the address and then you Google translate the written content of the page ok!? AND SEE FOR YOURSELF http://www.blic.rs/Slobodno-vreme/Ve...je-bio-u-pravu
    Problem?
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Fenn
    Google translate is not translating.

-.- ...............Ok then how about this one. ITs on English but i didn't read it trough and trough, so it might have either some bonuses or somethings that don't add up. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...78L4FH20110922 And the second one http://news.yahoo.com/strange-partic...192010201.html
    Problem?