Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Science Thread

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    I don't believe in the seance of "souls", but I do believe in a conscience. And this conscience is something that does not exist physically but, rather, figuratively. Just as software on a computer does not exist in a physical state beyond where the memory is stored. This webpage we're viewing, essentially, does not exist in a physical realm, but in a realm of data. I believe our conscience is a similar entity. Our bodies are simply where the memory is stored, but the interface is what determines who we are.

And I would have to ask what you mean by "continuity of a conscience" to avoid some misunderstanding. To put it simply, though, the ability to experience things as a physical entity through the interface of your conscience creates your identity. Because, as far as I'm concerned, only you yourself can do that and nobody else. It's a merger between your physiology and psychology.
    This reminded me of GitS. It uses a fairly similar premise.

I don't know why, but I'm really interested in social sciences—particularly Psychology and Anthropology. The theory of evolution, and how people's minds work the way they do. There are a lot of things you do subconsciously that you will probably never notice unless you know the psychology behind it.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    This reminded me of GitS. It uses a fairly similar premise.

I don't know why, but I'm really interested in social sciences—particularly Psychology and Anthropology. The theory of evolution, and how people's minds work the way they do. There are a lot of things you do subconsciously that you will probably never notice unless you know the psychology behind it.
    I LOVE Psych. And Neuroscience. And Cognitive science.

Personally I think Astronomy, Physics, and Psychology are the "central" sciences. Everything that occurs in this world is the culmination of these three things: What it is, how it works, and how we perceive it. Hence my love for all three of them.

ZZzzZZzZzz

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I LOVE Psych. And Neuroscience. And Cognitive science.

Personally I think Astronomy, Physics, and Psychology are the "central" sciences. Everything that occurs in this world is the culmination of these three things: What it is, how it works, and how we perceive it. Hence my love for all three of them.
    All science is ultimately applied physics. Psychology is heavily affected by biology. Biology is just chemistry. Chemistry is just physics.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    All science is ultimately applied physics. Psychology is heavily affected by biology. Biology is just chemistry. Chemistry is just physics.
    :P

Yeah but Psych and Astronomy are still more central than, say, mechanical engineering or medical science.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    :P

Yeah but Psych and Astronomy are still more central than, say, mechanical engineering or medical science.
    Why? What does make them "Central"?

I don't know, but in social science you can see theory of system and even chaos theory applicate on social behaviors.

oh good lord you really want to debate with some one don't you Clock, i can expect it from Kodos, but you Clock............sigh......
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    oh good lord you really want to debate with some one don't you Clock, i can expect it from Kodos, but you Clock............sigh......

^ok i admit i loled at that.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Why? What does make them "Central"?

I don't know, but in social science you can see theory of system and even chaos theory applicate on social behaviors.
    Exactly You see the application of these theories. I'm not sure what science those specific theories apply to, but I'd guess they fall somewhere around physics or math.

And social science is applied psychology essentially, on a broader scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    Dude I love debating with Clock, he's got interesting perspectives.

And he's more reliable and prompt than Kodos or even Delph sometimes.