Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help me get better by being a critic. Just don't be all mean. I could cry.

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    haha, i kno right

If you're using a digital Camera, get better lighting and see if it has a "text" setting. You'll get a clearer and cleaner picture.

thanx, i'm actually using a Droid Bionic, and it's making the lighting weird, the old Droid didn't do that.

to save "herassment" I will only coment on the last two pics.

Pic 1. Loosen up, faitly draw a motion line for your weapons and let the chain links flow with that. Also, if he has no motion, they will be straight down, so try avoiding this by adding some kind of action shot. He is really slender and actually tilted. his right foor is a little too twisted outwards and his legs have no tone or anything. Try using the 8 heads meathod... if you need to know more, ask.

Pic 2.Again, the same goes with the chain and left leg as before. the leg looks like he is skin and bones. Also the left foot is too twisted. Try noticing how many times your feet sit at a 90 degree angle from each other.... never... so twist the foot more forward. the collar looks a little strange but it's too small to note.

On the bright side, you do have a good imagination and know how to relate your thoughts into images, which a lot of people can't figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKasey View Post
    First of all, Final Fantasy, dude. One of the most popular game franchises out there, not a lot of symmetrical character designs. xD
    love me some final fantasy...

on the other note, thanx for everyone's critique, it's really helpful, and honestly, i have no idea what i was thinking whenever i drew those chains all floaty... -.-

didn't draw this with a slanted sketch book. because it's on a sheet of paper. It's my OC and was for halloween. halloween is over now.http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/p...=4eb5aec249cf3 made it be a link because it was so big
    Last edited by GAbRieLWrIgHt; 11-05-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Ah, I'm BACK! Yes!

Did this for MangaStudio Contest. Very fun actually. Thank you for your critiques in advance.

While posting these, I realized that the coding was redone to some extent on this site. With Javascript.

Hmm... So you improved . Ok for the critic now . As far upto body looks good. Only problem is very clear even you can point out that his legs are way too thin . May be double the thickness . And for the whole your pose seems bend relative to the page . In that case make a layer nd draw the x-axis nd y-axis lines (like in a graph paper).
    Advice=
    if you are using manga studio then first draw a rough sketch , then go for main work.
    If you are using mouse, then curve tool must be your favourite tool ( my whole work are 90% dependent on curve tool).

Ok you've got the basic idea of the body but still it lacks muscles....take a look at this site http://www.posemaniacs.com/ and try an draw as many of these bodies as you can. I think you still need to learn how the body works. in the pic before the last one his legs seem to bend in way impossible for a being with such anatomy. So more body studding....other then that pretty good.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.