Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help me get better by being a critic. Just don't be all mean. I could cry.

Banned
    You're a pretty good drawer dude.
    One piece of advice though: take more time to finish your drawings, don't rush.

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar

Rachel Alucard from Blazeblue or something. It's a little sketchy, but it was late at night. I'm not a nocturnal person.

You've got a case of what I like to call "fuzzy lines." It's literally where the line art looks "fuzzy" or "hairy" because you're using tons of teeny little lines to compose a big line. Work on your hand eye coordination and do a lot of playing around with lines and long broad strokes as a warm up before you start to draw. Over time this should help.

This latest piece is quite nice, I just wish the colors were more uniform. See there where there are white flecks showing through on your color? That's a bit distracting and should be avoided when possible.

yes i'm aware, i'm DEFINETLY going to do the hand eye coordination mess, with lines and broad stroaks and what not. The reason there are so many white flecks is because i was drawing and it was very zoomed in, so i couldn't see it well, and they looked a lot smaller in comparison to everything else

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Join us on groupboard sometime. I'd like to see what you can do with a more powerful tool than MS Paint. MS Paint is great, but the lack of AntiAliasing makes detailing impossible on smaller scales.

i would, but i haven't yet learned how to draw with a mouse(I don't own a tablet, but my friend has and hp touch laptop)

character from my upcoming manga Named: Light. I have better versions of him, just haven't uploaded them yet.

no name yet. The pose is to stiff and theres some stuff wrong with his legs, the coloring messed up without me realizing it, but it's much to late for me to fix that now. Plz point out any other flaws you might see. There are definetly some more.

have u gone through ma tutorial MAY BE IT WILL HELP A LITTLE
    i dont get it which software did u use to make these(ms paints ??) nd while coloring y there are some white spots ????
    nvm
    may be color it in better way nd see what it turns outa be
    CAREFULL USE CURVE TOOLS IF USING MOUSE

yea i saw your tutorial, and i actually did use ms paint, white spots are there because whenever painting on small laptop they look small compared to all of the other color(on RachelAlucard they look like small white spots on giant black canvas, hardly noticeable, so i didn't know they would look like that).