Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TKT's ART WORKS i wanna improve MORE

Hey again TK.. it always helps me to imagine the character standing on flat surface, like a table or something... but I usually line the feet up using the heel/heels mostly because when characters take a stance or just stand around.. whatever leg the character is using for balance and weight support will usually be grounded by the heel.

Your guy here, his weight should be supported by his right leg (viewers left) because the movement reads left to right (as in that's the direction your chara is going) and then the bending of the knee usually represents tension where weight should be. The foot for that right leg doesn't seem grounded.. like his heel is raised causing him to seem floating..

think of the feet as triangular prisms with the point going towards the shin, and the flat part being the sole of the foot. Then imagine that Triangular prism sitting on a table (or get a triangular shaped object and try this) and then move up and down watching the edge of the table behind it.. also watch how the shape of the triangle it's self changes due to angle causing foreshortening, going from 1 point, 2 point, and 3 point perspectives.. then just imagine the triangle forms into a foot.. with a leg attached to it... then a person.

I also disagree with the Vanishing point comment too an extent.. two different objects can have two different VP's (both a persons feet can have a different VP is what I mean).. I mean how else do you explain a box in 2point perspective sitting on top of a box in 1 point perspective... though EVERYTHING will have the same horizon.. the horizon never changes, just the angle you look at it. What I think he meant to say.. is they don't sit on the same plane adjacent to how you chara stands..

Hope that wasn't too extensive..

Hope that helps a bit
    Last edited by Egoslip; 08-03-2011 at 11:06 PM.

ya sure after reading EGOSLIP'S AND KAYLEL'S post it seems 2 me now that its really FLOATING...
    I dont understand these 2 point , 3 point perspective EGO...sorry for that i already wrote that i have not gone through any tutorials for 4 yrs.
    in order to SEE THIS FAULTS I HAVE TO READ A LOT of these post then i compare it with my drawing...

Quote Originally Posted by trilokcool3 View Post
    sorry for that i already wrote that i have not gone through any tutorials for 4 yrs
    I bet that most old artist on this forum has almost never used a tutorial to learn how to draw.

i mean i dont use lines , skeletons , 1 point ,2 point , 3 point perspective....
    nothing I JUST DRAW WILDLY DIRECT JUMP TO CHARACTER

Dunno if I qualify as an "old member" but I actually use tutorials quite often.. it's called college >.>...

Ha.. nah.. I actually use tutorials all the time.. well.. I read through them.. just to remind myself of stuff.. or I watch a video on youtube or something.. just helpful reminders of stuff I already know and learned through schooling

i mean i dont use lines , skeletons , 1 point ,2 point , 3 point perspective....
    nothing I JUST DRAW WILDLY DIRECT JUMP TO CHARACTER
    The your problem seems pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoslip View Post
    Dunno if I qualify as an "old member" but I actually use tutorials quite often.. it's called college >.>...

Ha.. nah.. I actually use tutorials all the time.. well.. I read through them.. just to remind myself of stuff.. or I watch a video on youtube or something.. just helpful reminders of stuff I already know and learned through schooling
    Wow real? So before coming to MT you learn to draw through tutorials? and you tube videos? I always though people use the use the old fashion "observation and recreation".

you can improve without tutorials, heck tutorials are just made by people as well so ofcourse you can do that.
    it's actually easy to improve based on observation of the surroundings.

though in observation there are already things that you are just about to figure out on your own while people already figure out themselves.
    so the faster way to improve is to go to tutorials.

true most people that are great artist here on mangatutorials didn't go for tutorials but they gone through sharing information through critique and drawing together.... well anyway let's leave that topic aside for now.

@rameil
    couldn't understand what you want to say can you be more specific
    look at his eyebrows. it's almost too near at his hair.

@rameil
    ok eyebrows.... noted down...

okay I'm going to make this short unlike the others :

take a notebook and a pencil (fineliner will be better)

go outside

draw people ( make each drawing last like 30 seconds) doesn't matter if there perfect

change the situation ( opposite drawing hand, pontilism, negative space < is a key one to do, no lines shading only)

look how they sit or they stand the folds, the shading (try makings the folds not lines but shades)

and make sure the drawings are LOOSE and QUICK and DONT try to hard.

it may act weird but if your an artist this is a KEY exercise for ANY artist manga or not....
    Last edited by Jahkofhearts; 08-04-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    Hey Check out my blog! where I add my Comic BREAKER- and all sorts of fancy artwork
    www.jahkofhearts.blogspot.com
    or www.poniesonmeth.blogspot.com

^ Gedeon approves!........what you think that's not enough!!!?? Do excatly what Jack said! Hell im gonna do it tomorrow when i go to the park!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.