Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TKT's ART WORKS i wanna improve MORE

TKT's ART WORKS i wanna improve MORE

after so many days i finally decided to post MY PICTURES HERE, because nobody out there near to me who would say something about my pics, my faults, etc etc
    BUT I AM LOOKING FOR IT HERE. may be i will learn more of my mistakes here
    so HELP ME .
    I HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH ANY TUTORIALS TILL YET IN MY 4YRS
    EVERYTHING I LEARNED IS BY DOING FANARTS
    AND I AM NEW TO photoshop and sai.
    SO HERE IS SOME OF MY RECENT WORKS.

this one is for 100 theme challenge
    title
    EMOTION=ANGER
    Last edited by trilokcool3; 08-03-2011 at 12:31 AM.

For the most part, the proportions are pretty nice! If you didn't intend on forshortening his right (our left) arm, it would appear as if it is shorter than on the other side. This can be easily fixed by shading his right arm a bit darker so as to create the illusion of depth. His left (our right) shoulder also appears to be nonexistant. That could be simply because of the cloth covering part of it, but I'm not one to give the benefit of the doubt. Try to define it a little bit more. Lastly, his left (our...you should get it already) eye seems to be misaligned. Move it just a smidge down and to the left. I always have that problem when I do 3/4 views of the face. I have to say, though, I like the way you shaded the guy. While I'm not the biggest fan of the texture, and that is just a matter of taste, you did well in giving him a 3 dimensional form! Keep up the good work!

hmmmm..... thankyou GOTCHA
    right arm
    right eye
    left shoulder ... point noted.

Tk.. love the energy.. and the movement of your last piece here... the shading could still use a little work.. there's no certain direction of light.. and the shadows don't wrap properly around the body.. and in some spots you seemed to have just shaded along a line which is a "no no"... You're getting better man.. keep it up...

Oh.. and just to pick on ya a little.. did he just squeeze that firey flaming ball thingy from his arse!?!?!... The aggressiveness of his face sure does match that inquiry XD

I kid I kid..

he is powering up... and when he is done gonna kick tat ball... with full power
    I AM BAD AT FOLDINGS.. cant figure it out...hw to shade
    shading along line point noted
    THANK YOU
    Last edited by trilokcool3; 08-03-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Well.. don't worry about the folds at first man.. just shade the main shape of the body with a definite obvious light source.. then worry about the details..Rather the details will kind of just follow suite and kind of make their lighting and shadowing evident (or at least that's part of my methods)... by doing the larger shapes first.. you help yourself gain a grasp of the perspective of the object as well as it's place in the replicated 3-dimensions you're trying to understand through drawing

Remember.. there are two types of shadows that cause shading.. "Form Shadow" which is a shadow that forms on the object it's self... and "Cast Shadow".. which is the shadow an object casts onto another object like the shadows you see when your two shadow puppets duke it out during boring electricity-less nights and candles and such... >.> ...

Check this out.. see the shadows on the table.. and then on the shapes themselves? The ones on the table are "cast shadows"... and the shading on say.. the dark side of the square there, opposite the lite.. is "Form Shadow"... where the light simply doesn't reach that part of the object..

SPOILER! :

(Pic accredited to ME!!! MUAHAHA..

no seriously.. I drew it though >.>)

there should be room for the forehead if you ask me. though that might be just your style though.

Beware of the feet. It looks like he is floating because the vanish point doesn't line up.

Please have a look at this.

@egoslip
    i didnt use the concept of ''form shadows and cast shadows'' because i didnt use a light source from where its coming and falling on the character . I just did shadows randomly to look good. BUT ITS GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT THE CONCEPT NEXT TIME I DRAW I AM SURE TO USE THESE CONCEPTS.
    @rameil
    couldn't understand what you want to say can you be more specific
    @kaylel
    i stood myself like that infront of mirror and i marked that my right leg was little bit backward and my left leg was on front and my feets were too bended the same way (its difficult to judge in mirror about the feet coz it feels like a little bit of top view) . MY CHARACTER IS IN 3/4 POSITION(like man standing in your last drawing).
    BUT I STILL WANT TO ASK OTHERS MAY BE THEY CAN SUGGEST SOME MORE ABOUT THE POSITIONING OF THE FEET.
    Last edited by trilokcool3; 08-03-2011 at 10:39 PM.