Thread: 'lineless coulouring'

Exclamation 'lineless coulouring'

Hi im trying to work on an illustration piece and I'm trying to work on a style which doesn't need outlines (black ones anyway) it's hard to explain i can't find any refering pictures but if you get the gist of it please let me now thanks
    Hey Check out my blog! where I add my Comic BREAKER- and all sorts of fancy artwork
    www.jahkofhearts.blogspot.com
    or www.poniesonmeth.blogspot.com

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Basically you wanna be comfortable first. If you're not comfy with this style of coloring, stuff is gonna be hard. Are you doing it traditional or digital btw.

oh sorry- almost forgot about this post -_-'' how embarrassing digital
    Hey Check out my blog! where I add my Comic BREAKER- and all sorts of fancy artwork
    www.jahkofhearts.blogspot.com
    or www.poniesonmeth.blogspot.com

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Ok, so what you wanna do is make a very light sketch first. Or it can be dark, whatever works, it's digital so you can just lower the opacity once you're ready to go.
    Make another layer on top of the sketch. This is where you'll 'block in' the shape with a base color. Meaning you just roughly go and color in your pic with one solid color for the time being.
    After that it's time to block in the other colors and contrast and shading, very roughly in this stage.
    Just practice those two stages for a while, you'll get the hang of the rest. Try looking around on ConceptArt.org for some tutorials..there's this really good one but I'm still looking for it.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Personally, I just paint cel-style like normal and then lower opacity for the black lines (outline of the drawing) and fix any of the crooked coloring I did.