Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

well if you live in the past that would be pretty easy... you may be able to do it now but your chance of success is likely less than 5%..
    there are thousands of pro artist out there and I've probably seen more than tens or hundred thousands of wallpaper in the internet and seen so many styles... now you might say onepiece has it's own style... that's true if you only look at japanese manga... but onepiece only created his own style based on some western cartoons or comics and some other western stuffs and just mixed it with japanese style..
    but yes onepiece has it's own style... but that idea is already known by all,, and many are probably doing it by now....

edit:i have 20gb of anime wallpaper in my hard drive and some other western comics so i definitely know what i'm talking about
    Last edited by ram; 06-24-2011 at 06:24 PM.

There's an infinite amount of ways that we can go about creating art as we all solve the same problems in different ways. So while it is impossible to have a completely original style (we are all influenced by what we come into contact with), it is possible to have your own tweaks and twists to it.

Honestly, I don't really see what the big deal is about having your own style. Usually when I hear about style from someone it's just an excuse to avoid having to fix anatomical or other problems. In the end, we're all trying to do the same thing which is to represent reality on paper (or a screen). I personally don't care about my style, I just want to create art that I and others can enjoy looking at.

@ramiel: that makes sense... but i didn't want to do sth completely different anyway, what i meant from "your own style" was something like what nisaren said right now, i was talking about sth like the difference between Bleach and Naruto...
    @nisaren: lol, i'm neither looking for a totally new style, nor i'm trying to find one as soon as i can. i was just wondering what my style will look like at the end, and i started getting a bit pumped up. you're completely right...

anyway, another drawing... i tried to draw the same kind of clothes i used to draw at the beginning and i realized i haven't improved in clothing that much...
    Last edited by BozeSG; 06-25-2011 at 09:27 AM.

you could atleast look into the mirror and try that type of posing your self and you'll see exactly what's wrong.. hand angle and the left foot are wrong...
    i can't properly see the anatomy cause i don't know what type of clothes he's wearing... so it could be right or it could be wrong..
    next time could you not erase the guide lines? i could give you better critique if you do that... and i'm sure most people here could as well

I actually did, the problem with it was that if you'd wanted to do the same pose, then you'd have to bent your hand to it's left side (i failed to draw the bent)... anyway, this is the same pic with guidelines:

i thought i was wrong but i guess i guessed right somehow..
    human legs are usually the same height with the whole top body..
    character height is usually measured of how many heads a person is..

sorry about this example... i can't find my usb where i have the better example...
    male and female isn't that much different in this topic anyway... so please bear with this
    SPOILER! :

there's a hand model in posemanics... you could check that out.. it's not the exact pose in hand but it can give you the idea of what it should look like ... i always go to posemaniacs before i draw anything

lol, yeah, i should really go on pose maniacs more (damn internet)...

thanks for the tip and the example, it'll be useful.

Hey there man.. been watching your progression from the shadows of internet world XD... you're doing much better.. and on this one.. I think Ramiel hit it right on the nail... as for the clothe problem.. well.. just simply take a piece of clothe at home.. and drape it over something.. and study it.. make a few sketches if you like.. not worrying to much about shadow light and texture.. but watch how gravity effects the wrinkles of the clothe.. drape it over something.. say something rounded like someones knee.. watch how at the top the clothe is smooth because the gravity of the edges put stress on the clothe causing the fabric to simply be pulled against it.. once you understand how clothe reacts with objects underneath it.. it will help you out a great deal ...

Hope this wasn't too lengthy! Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by BozeSG View Post
    (damn internet)...
    does that mean there's a limit on how long you can open posemaniac as well just like in GB?

Quote Originally Posted by Egoslip View Post
    Hey there man.. been watching your progression from the shadows of internet world XD..
    lol stalker!

edit: btw.. the thing i posted about
    human legs are usually the same height with the whole top body
    it's usually(but not always) it is for anime style but not for realistic ones.. if you want to go with other styles other than what i know then you may go with what you think is good in your eyes..

but this does not change that you should still measure the character height based on the head
    Last edited by ram; 06-26-2011 at 10:07 PM.

@Ramiel: Ha. not really.. i just haven't felt a need to really participate in the forums here lately... though like to skulk about watching the art threads ...

@Boz: and if that's the case.. with the whole net thing.. well.. man.. camera phones are awesome.. may not be a clear picture.. but you get the basic ideas..