Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

I think you definitely have an advantage over a lot of people with the fact that you're fearless when it comes to attempting dynamic poses. Definitely keep pushing your comfort zone with them. I took your one picture and did a quick red line for the folds. Folds are actually pretty simple to do if you understand some basic rules.

kick1z redline

1. There are several forces that influence clothing folds - Gravity, Wind, Body structure and movement, straps or other restraints, etc.
    2. Folds occur going towards a point of stress. The blue arrows show the folds in the redline going towards a point of stress. Points of stress are often joints, places where strapping or lacing holds things tighter, etc.

The most important thing to figure out is where these points are and where the motion is going. Once you know that then you can place folds along it.

Note: There are tons of better tutorials than what I just outlined for you from artists that are better than me. I would suggest looking them up if what I said doesn't make much sense.

i feel like i just became smarter...

I think i'm beginning to understand folds day by day, and i noticed a few mistakes i made in facial anatomy, thank you, these posts really help me a lot...

EDIT: @nisaren: lol that's supposed to be the pants, i wanted to do one of those "sleeves are cut on one side" pants...
    Last edited by BozeSG; 05-12-2011 at 03:46 PM.

whats up with the square foot :O

that's supposed to be a boot/shoe, i've never really practised on them before. going to look up a bit of reference for that....

this is a failed attempt for an up-view perspective... any C&C would be appreciated cause i'll need it.

EDIT: now that i look at it again, that's too much of a fail, after all that time i spent playing with it's perspective...
    Last edited by BozeSG; 05-13-2011 at 04:11 PM.

It's great that you continue to try to work with perspective. I'm not sure if you are making use of vanishing points or not. If you aren't then I would highly suggest you do so. It will improve the accuracy of your perspective a ton. I made you another quick redline to show you what I mean and how it would change your drawing above.

hardperspective1

Va... vanishing points?!... *takes note*
    thanks, that IS going to help me a lot!!!

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    Yeh its certainly the perspective of it that throws me the most. Its good that you try to draw that stuff though because I run from it haha. Angles like that are always difficult to draw. References might help you.

Well, i've got exams so i don't have time for creativity, i'll just keep on doing stuff to not let go of drawing till the exams are over... bleh, i'm just really lazy these days...

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    You've got the qualities of a good artist--very experimental and willing to try new things. Your perspective is getting there. I think you need to work on anatomy and clothing folds just a bit, though.