Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

WOW, SO MANY REDLINES...

i'm starting to get the general idea of poses and stickman... i think... thank you for all the help!

Tween Member
    Wow these are excellent Shaun!

Btw, my name is Shaun G in real life :O Coincedence.

@Rare: really? that's awesome, actually my name is Shayan IRL, i just thought that they were similar that's why i use shaun.

anyway, C&C please....

wow....thats awesome. I wish I had thought of that pose an composition :O. For C&C: the bottom guy is pretty good, theres just a few problems I can spot. 1.) the hand on the left (his right hand) is a tad too big. 2.) the foot on the right (his left foot) is in a very awkward position. It almost looks like he broke his ankle, but I know its just a very difficult perspective to draw. and 3.) his ab muscles are...well you should look at some pictures of ab muscles, because Ive never seen any that look like that o-o. For the girl on top, the biggest problem is the hand on the left (her right hand). It would be impossible to hold your hand on a sword that way unless you broke your wrist. Remember to watch your hip placement when drawing women and keep working on those clothes folds. the cloth hanging off the sword handle has a pretty natural flow to it, keep it up!
    Last edited by NWAP; 05-07-2011 at 11:54 PM.

1) got it. 2)it really is, i'll try to work on leg perspectives more... 3)muscles are really too complicated for me, i need to put practicing them in the same priority as folds.
    now that you pointed it out... you're right!!! btw i'm really getting confused by this hip placement thingie
    thanks for your always awesome critiques!!!!

Bleh... still can't get folds right, but i did another perspective practice for the leg....
    Last edited by BozeSG; 05-10-2011 at 11:35 AM.

well, i did another one, but it didn't turn out any good as well.

WOAH. Big improvement! the first pic has very few anatomical flaws. His left hand (the one closes to the top of the page) is too big. Its in the background, but its just as big as the other hand thats in the mid-ground. His feet/shoes are very square shaped, which is very odd :/ . Try looking at some pics of shoes, and the shape of shoe soles. As for the folds... There are a lot of good folds, and there are a lot of unnecessary ones. For example, the folds at the bottom of his shirt, on his waist, are very good. They show a twisting motion that compliments the pose and the action. The wrinkles on his shoulders and butt pocket, however, are very unnecessary. they don't compliment the way the body is moving, and theres nothing that gives evidence that they should be there o-o.
    For the second picture, it seems you've started to realize the flow of wrinkles a lot more, and you've only drawn the important ones. The Perspective is almost perfect dude. very nice job on this one. As of right now, I would really focus on shoes/feet and facial anatomy. Keep it up.
    Last edited by NWAP; 05-10-2011 at 08:47 PM.

I seem to have a major problem with hand sizes, gotta keep tat in mind for next time. hmm... feet and shoes, huh? they are pretty weird now that i look at them, reference reference, here i come! and about the folds, even if i try my best to guess where they are, folds like the ones on the arm of the coat in the second pic turn out really unnatural, any tips? and also i would really appreciate it if you could tell me where i should start with in my facial structures as well, i've been trying to improve it for a long time but i don't know how to do it...

Folds are just another one of those annoying things. When drawing them you have to factor in a lot of different things. Is there wind blowing? If so, what direction is it moving? Would gravity allow this wrinkle to actually be here? Adding a BUNCH of wrinkles can also make the clothes look un-kept, like they need to be ironed or something. Understanding the flow of wrinkles just takes time and practice. For you right now the key to drawing good wrinkles and folds is most likely "moderation". Don't get too detailed with wrinkles your unsure about. In the mean time continue to look at refs.
    As for the facial anatomy... like everything in anatomy, it starts with guide lines, refs, and practice. There are A BUNCH of face anatomy refs out there, and everyone has their own way of doing it, But they all follow the same simple rules of anatomy. Heres just a few ways I learned to remember them :

1.)Try think of the red circle as a 'sphere' not a circle. the blue line is the "line of symmetry" or the "Y" axis of the face.

2.)The blue line the "x" or the eye line. This line wraps around the sphere.

The jaw line can be very tricky, and differs greatly depending on what type of person you are drawing. Always remember NOT to cut the jaw line too short. On a normal jaw line, You should have the same general amount of space above the "x" axis (eye line) as you do below it.

The "X" axis line should be Three eyes long. This means that if you draw both eyes, another eye of the same size SHOULD be able to fit between the two. On a front view like this one, the nose line starts at the bottom of the sphere and is parallel to the "y" axis.

Something many people forget, your ears start BELOW the eye line, wether they are big, or not.

Once you have the 'x' n 'y' axis, drawing different angles is just a matter of moving the y axis to the left or the right, and curving it to the slope of the sphere.And of course, Moving the 'x' axis up and down changes the eye level.

As I said before there are a zillion ways to do this, and you will more than likley find your own way of doing it, but the rules are the same. hope this helps.
    Last edited by NWAP; 05-11-2011 at 09:42 PM.