Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

Well ok then, I don't like doing redline anyways, I feel like I'll get it better if someone shows me an example, that's what I realized when nisaren showed me example in my thread instead of redlining it.

SPOILER! :

collarbone always connect at the shoulders, when shoulders rise it rise as well, breastline, (or whatever it's called) connects at the biceps.
    also when drawing body, don't just think of body as just one part, think of them as separate parts, for example think of torso only after that think of spine connecting to the hipbone, and connecting to the foot, and think of the connecting a shoulder with arm into that torso.
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

but still your good enough to make a manga IMO
    Last edited by ram; 10-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.

hmm...noted, thanks...

really? i'm planning to start doing haven of ice pretty soon, i'm dealing with the character designs now...

Just reference poses to train your anatomy skills, it's alright to keep improving while making manga, though I'm pretty sure you already know this because you read some manga, and you can see them improving their drawing skills in every chapter.

ah, character designing, I remember the times I lack in fashion sense, well I do even now lol, anyway good luck dude XD

wow. your alot better since the last time i visited your art @____________@
    which would be the first page only i saw xD
    maaaan 10 months later and your kicking ass, keep it up

woah, axion... sorry i didn't notice you posted here, yeah i've been through a lot since then, nevertheless i thank you greatly for your awesome critiques and suggestions AND for being the first one to reply to my thread...

all right, now getting back to drawings:

these flameheads are a bunch of characters from my manga, i'd like to call them "four wings of catastrophe" for now. starting from the bottom they are: Break, Destroy, Obliterate and Annihilate (i've got a huge amount of stuff to say about who they are and what they do, but i won't bore you with that, just know that they're some kinda sub plot to my manga)... i planned to colour this first but now i'm going to do that for another time, now C&C please and if possible...

and can someone try to teach me a way to colour black flames please (the flames on their heads should be black...)

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Cool character concepts; I like it a lot. (It would be awesome to see in a movies, actually~) But have you tried looking up images of fire and converting them to greyscale for reference?

ZOMG WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?
    thanks for the great suggestion, i'll try that...

well, next drawing:

this guy is a magikane officer, magikanes are people without lower bodies, they also shoot black fireballs and doesn't afraid of anything...

I like it a lot! Particularly his face and expression, but also how you've marked out where you're going to add shading (value, blah, I don't wanna use the right terms!)

I might suggest making the bottom part of his coat a little more "flowy." Give a little more movement to it, basically. I like the design. I also like the detail you put into his gloves--those are kick *ss

Only other thing I'm gonna post is a picture of a dude's chest (sorry, he's a little too muscly, but Google apparently only wants muscle men and nudes when you type in "men's chests") I'm only posting this, cause I think his chest should come out a wee bit more on top, and then come in a little bit towards the waste (not all curvy, but just enough so it looks like something inside the coat )

It's really a great design, though. And I like the expression on his face. Very confident :3

*I"m posting a lot of man chest today...I hope no one thinks I'm a perve...*
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Hey! I really like this and i think it looks sweet! I was going to try to critique it but I think blue_dragon covered everything I noticed the only thing I have to add is that I think his hair might not be quite big enough. I could be very wrong, but i'm not sure that his entire head would fit under the hair. Does that make sense? Either way it looks awesome, I'm likin the clothes design a lot

Blue_Dragon: thank you for the critique and i'm glad you like it!! i agree with you on the flowy part (actually i didn't really have any idea of how should it be since he doesn't have a lower body..) and yeah, the chest was inside the coat so i didn't put too much time on it and just finished it off(still, i'm not good with them so i'll be working on them)...

corastaur: thanks for commenting and thanks for liking it!! i see where your point comes from, the starting guideline for his head was a bit oval-like it turned out a bit weird, i'll be careful with that next time...

this one didn't turn out the way i wanted it to, C&C would be appreciated si can know where i'm going wrong: