Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

Banned
    Oh wow I love the dude in the center of the pic, so well drawn!

Hey guys! I've returned after two months of absolute laziness...
    I've been having lots of problems for the last two months and i actually went near giving up drawing, but no matter! i has returned with max determination...
    so as always, Please C&C:

welcome back boz, I think it's about time for you to make a high resolution paper rather than that paper size that your using right now.

use a bigger paper like 2000 pixel width and 3000 pixel height or something.
    you can make it smaller later anyway, and the time you do the rough created lines wouldn't even be visible.

and another thing, as I see it.. your lines are really wiggly, (I don't know if that's the correct word for it)
    it's better to use ctrl+z all the time to make a better linear art, stroke as fast as you can and press ctrl+z until your satisfied with the line you have.

when I'm drawing in tablet, my left hands are always at the space button and the ctrl+z all the time.

btw if your using reference, I suggest you don't go for manga, cause mangakas usually rush stuffs as fast as they can cause of their deadline so it's not really good to reference those people in my opinion. you could go for their artbook but don't reference their manga cause there are a lot of wrong things in there.

artbooks and cg illustrations from games is way better to get your references.

edit: oh and another thing, I won't try to make you change your style, well "you don't really have to change what you draw, just change how you draw it" (those are originally wisdom from cype xD)

anyway, try to see some other artist of how they draw it, change your guidelines or make your own until you find the best way you can draw.

watching speed drawings in youtube really inspire me.

Last edited by ram; 10-01-2011 at 10:06 AM.

I tried using a bigger one, but there's not that much difference because i'm zooming in when i'm drawing anyway...

yeah, those lines really piss me off, even if i'm using ctrl+z all the time, they turn out wriggly when i draw slowly and the line never gets the way i want it to when i do it fast. still, i've gotta find a way around it i guess, i'll do my best

and about the thing with references, isn't it easier for me to go after them BECAUSE they are being drawn faster? i mean, if it's like that then the mangaka is using different tricks to shortcut anatomy and other things right? i'm not that good that i would need to look for something highly detailed for the my art yet, so wouldn't it be better for me to stick with learning these tricks?

actually, i've been changing my way of drawings lately (i was hoping for it to be obvious but i guess i'm having zero progress), and those vids were really inspiring, thanks! i guess i have to check youtube more...

any way, another drawing:

Fenn
    Classy!

Idk, I feel like the hat and bowtie are a bit off. Could just be me. Other than that it looks good, although I feel like his upper back would bend back to center. The way he is now he'd fall over in no time.

could you draw a naked guy and a naked girl so we can fix your problems in anatomy, swimsuit I mean. as long as we can see the proportions.

@Fenn: i feel that something is not right with them too, i was wondering if anyone else could tell me what it exactly is... and i'll pay more attention to the balance next time, thanks for commenting!

@ram: sure, i'll get straight to that...

All right!! sorry for taking so damn long... i just don't have as much time these days (and i really want to start my manga too...), so, please tell me my problems with anatomy... (i know i really slacked off on the second one's hand...)

btw i just realized that it's become one year (or a bit more...) since i started drawing, i'm gonna have to do one of those progress thingies...
    Last edited by BozeSG; 10-23-2011 at 07:35 PM.

As much as I'd like to Redline them both, I can't, I'm not confident enough with my guy anatomy.
    *Pass to someone else* Don't worry there are tons of people out there who can do it anyways, Someone kind hearted enough who's pure of heart.

I'll try to do the girl but It might be later today, I'm still a little busy with something.

you can just say what feels off, no need to force your self...