Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

i'm a bit confused right now but really really thanks for all the great comments and suggestions...

@ramiel: the thing about basic shapes noted, also really great example for clothing! im definitely going to use that next time and my intention was for it to be something like a half-kick... and
    the best way to understand this is to look for real life, talk to your friends and ignore what their saying and just focus on what fold their clothes have.(just don't do it to girls or you might be mistaken as a pervert, hey wait! it's much worse if you get mistaken for a pervert from guys)
    i've actually tried that once... it didn't turn out any good i assure you...

@nisaren and NWAP: All of your suggestions seem great to me, so i think it's better if i will combine both of your suggestions and start learning things step by step from the real life pics and anatomy structures, this way, i can be better with basics and i imagine it would become much easier for me to learn things manga style as well. (with that being said, tbh, i can't imagine myself sticking to realistic stuff all the time, but i will do my best , for the sake of learning new things and finding new challenges *everything becomes fixed and sketchy-like and im shown walking in the sunset's direction...*)

i just like to add that i messed up with the turning and i forgot that this is back view! so the drawing i did is wrong in the shirt, the fold should be opposite

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    I'm sorry, NWAP, but I feel the same about what you said. I think that saying that is just doing Boze a disservice as well. How can you learn proper anatomy and form from something that is distorted? Everything is based off reality and realism as was mentioned, so in order to understand things to properly "distort" them you need to draw them as they originally exist.

If you want to look at manga/anime art and do some copies, after you've spent time working from reality and gotten some basics down, that's fine. It can be helpful to see how other people solve certain problems from time to time. But for now, if you really want to improve how you draw and see things, grab a photo, set up a still-life, or go to a drawing session.
    This is true. Boz, don't be confused,we are both saying the same thing.I never said he should ONLY try to learn anatomy from manga. what i'm saying is you need to look at BOTH. ONLY drawing a anatomically correct head isn't going to get you any closer to drawing an anatomically correct manga face, and same visa versa. One is based off the other, but they are two different things, and each has there own different rules. By doing BOTH, hell be able to compare the two. I don't think drawing from a manga right now is going to "disservice" or hurt his ability to draw anatomy if hes doing Both.
    But all in all, if you are not already drawing from realism, I strongly suggest you take Nisaren's advice and do so. But if your ultimate goal is to be a manga artist...I cant see why you wouldn't look at other peoples manga and draw from it.

looking good! may I suggest breaking away from the super-linear drawings? try using a paintbrush or a dip-pen for inking it adds more character to your drawings, also I love how you got that angle with the guy flying with the polearm picture, you have good potentional can't wait to see more!

NWAP: okay, got it...
    jahkofhearts: thanks for looking! i will try to make the lineart better next time...

i agree with nwap, i don't really think it would be good to study real life when it comes to the head, heck it's far too different! in my opinion atleast

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post
    i agree with nwap, i don't really think it would be good to study real life when it comes to the head, heck it's far too different! in my opinion atleast
    When it comes to making comics, you have to refer to some for of guideline in your style, I definitely recommend studying real anatomy even if your drawing manga the key to being a good artist is researching other styles see what's good about them and the parts you like and applying them to your work! but anatomy is a key part of any for of art it helps us practice recording and also makes your characters look nice rather than girly shouldered men with eyes like floodlights and hair that reaches into space.

If you take comic making seriously and want to make the step of going into a career with it i suggest to not be so balls deep in manga and look other styles and subjects. my work improved ten-fold by doing so!

wow look at me rant hahaha but if I where you Boz or anyone you can't go on really with out studying REAL anatomy really
    Hey Check out my blog! where I add my Comic BREAKER- and all sorts of fancy artwork
    www.jahkofhearts.blogspot.com
    or www.poniesonmeth.blogspot.com

i'd just like to add that people learn from different ways, so boz you will definitely get confused with this critique corner and i might be one of those people who are now making you confused, you might find my advice to be something useless and stupid in the future.. and it could be anyone here,.. heck even in the tutorials you read from here might be something you might say useless even though they are the most helpful for us. cause people just learn from different things and get their improvement from something that they think that is the most helpful.

truth is there is no easy way to improve, all is hard,

people say they improve and say, "oh! i'm so much improving!"but still can't really see where and what part, if that's what you call improving then i guess you haven't improve at all,..
    get good eyes and find your own way in improving, make your own exercise or find some other advice if you really like it!

i won't make too much advice here again cause it's turning into a debate, but i will still crit you art post that i see is wrong.

hope you find your way

Sorry for disappearing a while... i had quite a few issues IRL (that and my monthly data allowance is running low too, so i don't connect to internet much...)

@ramiel: got it, but sometimes listening to different advices is good though, as long as you don't blindly follow them...

anyway, here is something freakishly random... Please C&C

nice! i really like it!!!
    just like nwap said before you should take consideration of connecting the hair as part of the head. the middle guy should have his hair on top of his forehead not just an ordinary line.

anyway i sent you a message.