Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoslip View Post
    @Ramiel: Ha. not really.. i just haven't felt a need to really participate in the forums here lately... though like to skulk about watching the art threads ...
    Yeah, this place is the best to stalk people. Huhuhuuhhuuu~ :3

@Egoslip: thanks for looking man, it's good to know that people are watching my progress, makes me more motivated. i'm actually starting to do that, mainly when i'm outside i try to pay attention to every single fold i see and i try to make sketches in classes or places like that, i personally think i'm beginning to improve in folds but not the ones in the clothing that people wear. but the it's a really good hint with the interacting thing, i'll keep that in mind... and phone cameras really are awesome, i guess i was too lazy to use them up until now...

@ramiel: not necessarily, i just try to limit whatever that uses bandwidth. oh boy, am i being paranoid here?
    measure with the size of the head huh? i think i'm beginning to understand some of my problems with anatomy there, thanks...

sorry for not posting any art, i guess i'm experiencing my very first artblock...

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    His legs are a bit short if you ask me. Could do with lengthening them.
    You get some pretty clean line work down I see. Your work would benefit from some differences in the line wieght. Just a stylistic suggestion though.

Its good to see you include a good amount of folds in the clothing too

thanks, i'm trying to get the weights down, but i still need practice for it...

anyway sorry for not posting, (i think) im back again with a renewed passion for learning!!!!!!!

i tried to draw more than one person in one drawing but looks like my limit is four people, because with every person i draw, the next one looks more horrible (i you get what i mean)...

welcome back boz!!.. glad to see you drawing again... .. i got another to stalk again
    actually i never drawn any school uniform in my life exept now.. xD but i can still say that breast lines shouldn't be showy in that type of clothes

i'm still mastering clothing physics even today... so sorry about this imperfect correction..
    you see the clothing fold usually comes from the tight parts..

edit: don't focus on the pose i did... i made her left arm dislocated somehow.. xD
    Last edited by ram; 07-12-2011 at 11:04 PM.

that looks so awesome, i see my problems with clothing physics, thanks! i'm going to keep that in mind next time.XD

(i wasn't really thinking about school uniforms but they're really similar so whatever...)

Just a few tips I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. Don't be so rigid with your inking lines. loosen up and try to "flow" more with your curves and pen strokes, and it will make your drawing look a lot less stiff. one of the most "flow-y" parts of the body is the hair. Putting a bold black outline around straight flowing hair can make it look like they are wearing a helmet or wig, as opposed to hair.

You're right, i've gotta work on that too. i've been using sai for a while and i only used the brush (which won't make line thinner if you press less harder), i guess i will try to do use the inking pen more so the hair might look better.

another drawing, this time i used another type of shading (i don't know what's it called) and im still working on folds (damn you folds!!!)
    anyway, please C&C

101 Dalmations Member
    I have seen your drawings at this thread, obviously, and I think that what you lack is detail. . .most of new artists, I was new about a year ago, well kinda looks at their art as a whole and and they find their drawing really good whenever they see a slight improvement. .that is, got the hang of drawing hands, a little perspective, foreshortening and lots of other stuff. . .thats good. .yeah. .em not against that. .It gives them the motivation to continue. .but I think that the best way for a new artist to do is to make their art as "perfect" as possible. .I mean . .look at the manga that you have read, bakuman or bleach maybe, and compare the drawings to your art. .how much is the difference? . .in what points is their art better? . .would slight changes makes your art comparable to theirs? . .or do ya have to start anew. .em not saying that you should draw like a pro at the start . .its just . .I think that we should imprint who we are in every piece that we draw . . .that we must edit it at much as possible until its close to perfection. . .we don't want to express ourselves in a half beaten piece right?. . .I'm not sayin' that your work is not good. . its good based on the time since you started workin' on the craft. . maybe a little bit of practice. .but everything comes in time. .so as a fellow artist I really wanna give ya some advice. .(em really sorrry for the blabberin, I quite talk much. .^^). .

I think that the best practice is to copy. . .this is a very reliable aspect to acquire improvement. . .if you have a basis, then you will be able to easily identify the errors that you did (wrong hand placement, bad foreshortening, over folds) and correct it. . .this mistakes will then be your guide whenever you're if ever you will be doing another piece. . .do that a hundred times. . maybe more. ..and if you think that your drawing is good enough. .then you can start with the real deal and draw your own characters. . .you might think that this'll take a long time. .maybe years. .but no one masters the pen in a day, right? . . .the more time you alot to the basics the more better your drawings will be. ..

I dOn't wanna sound oh high and mighty. .so I think em gonna end now. .I hope that I helped you. .even just a little tiny bit of speck . .haha. .er .. if ever yer one of those who thinks that "hayayayayayay . .WTF . .so much blabberin' nonsense". .feel free to visit me page and hell do what ye want. . hahahah. .hahhaha. a.aahahah. .em really laughin' . .LOL

I really really agree with what TagYURIT is saying here. In short, I think he means "don't settle". Its one thing to not see whats wrong in your drawings, but if you can see the problem, "don't settle" for it. Everyone wants to make their own path, and draw totally original things, but in order to do that effectively you need a base, and this comes from copying. This doesn't mean you have to copy a picture EXACTLY, you can draw something totally different, but copy the pose, copy the hair, copy the perspective, whatever you're having problems with at the moment, find a pic and copy it. Continue to focus on the the meaty parts of drawing: Anatomy , proportions, perspective, details(wrinkles, clothe design etc.). Shading, inking, are cosmetics right now. Although they are important, they will come with time.
    Like I've said before, you have a lot of potential and everybody here wants to see you grow. Most new artists don't even bother to attempt the stuff you draw now. Keep it up dude.
    Last edited by NWAP; 07-17-2011 at 02:38 PM.