Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

O.O..............................major improvement in like......a week..........................................X.x. ..... Btw the hand holding the sword has its forearm a bit too long, AND you should consider making the back/ fire-heads dude right foot a little smaller. The perspective on the legs is pretty good but the right foot is as same as the left one. Still MAJOR improvement!!!!!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

lol, thanks. actually i drew the right foot smaller at first but i thought that the perspective looked a bit wierd compared to the left hand so i tried to draw the left hand bigger and it turned out more wierd (looked like the left hand and the left foot are much longer than their right ones.)
    i have a bad problem with the arm's anatomy ( specially when it's not in a perspective) i guess i need to look up a bit of reference for that

here's another one, i would really appreciate some C&C on it...

First off, I really want to say, you've really got the Fore/background perspective concept down. As far as this pic goes, I would say, really work on your proportions and clothing wrinkles. For example: the hands seem a bit lumpy. three ovals stacked on top of each other DOES make up the general shape of the pads of your finger...but your fingers aren't made of ovals....if that makes any sense. as far as the clothes, you seem to have a good general idea of how it flows in some parts. The wrinkle lines on the bottom of the boys shirt seem to flow some what naturally, but the wrinkle line on girls shirt seem unnatural. try looking at some ref pics of cloths in the same or similar poses to what you are drawing. One last thing to remember, when drawing anime/manga some things get detailed and some dont. It could be just part of your style, but most of the time you dont see the wrinkles in the finger joints, or even wrinkles in the face drawn, unless the artist is portraying an older person. I really like the pose Idea, and I hope I helped :/ .... keep em coming

now that you mention it, i wonder why do i draw fingers like that? i guess it's because it helps me to understand the 3d feel more, thanks for telling me that i hadn't noticed it before...
    i'm still working on my folds so thanks for pointing out the the unnatural parts, haha, arrogant folds, they think they can defeat me? they're wrong, i'll be the one emerging victorious, umm
    i kinda understand the fingers but i don't get what you mean about the face, you're refering to the eyebrow wrinkles?
    thanks for the awesome critique, that really helps

I was just talking about "skin wrinkles" in general. there are no face wrinkles in your pic...maybe I should have left that part out...sorry o~o

ah, ok!

i did another one! didn't turn out like i thought it would but i tried my best on it, like always, C&C greatly appreciated...

EDIT: now that i look at it, the woman's lower body looks utterly ridiculous.
    Last edited by BozeSG; 05-01-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Ok so I found a few problems. What I circled in green are proportionally too big. Im not sure what exact poses you were going for here so instead of redlining the whole thing I just red lined what seemed the most off anatomically. I know people hate to do it, but, USE GUIDELINES FIRST. when it comes to poses like these and anatomy in general its a huge help. hope this helps
    Last edited by NWAP; 05-01-2011 at 01:07 PM.

WOW, REDLINES!, thanks for that, they're really helpful...

actually i use stickman to define the poses and then i draw the picture on another layer. this is the original stickman poses, is there anything wrong with the way i do it?

Those stick figures are pretty similar to what I use. I think the main difference between what mine look like compared to yours is that I provide more space for the hips. I hope you don't mind but I did a red-line of your stick men to give you a couple of ideas how to provide more space.

stickmanredline1

From this simple quick stick man, I usually add on the pelvis and chest spaces, as you can see in the next image.

stickmanredline2

It really helps in this stage to remember about shoulder to hip proportions. It also helps if you realize there are two different shapes for the hips depending on gender.