Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BozArts: More empty Promises

BozArts: More empty Promises

I started practicing to draw about 3 months ago and i went through most of the toturials but my drawings don't seem to go where i want them to, so i'm here to getsome critics (btw my scanner is not working so excuse the quality)

Last edited by BozeSG; 08-27-2012 at 09:56 AM.

kid... 3 months! dude your the most surprising new coming artist yet
    firstly, you got creativity and you dont use guides so i think you are quite natural

firstly i would say, is that you should start working in light blue pencil for guides to help you with some extreme posing

i think you should start learning anatomy for men this will help define your characters bodies and will help stop you from making all your characterss bodies look all the same
    e.g.
    exaggerated arm muscle, scrawny arms, massive upper ches etc

also you might want to look into how crease work (folds in the clothing)
    as they seem slightly random and do not appear as the going with the flow of gravity i suggest you look up a tutorial on that while also posing infront of the mirrior with e.g. long sleeves to help you when you draw you characters bending their arms

further more i think you should try and start to build up a style while also learning the basics, this will make your art more appealling
    also your style will affect the way thigns work e.g. very cartoony style
    very little chunky folds or a very realistic anime style will lead you to make more defined muscles complicated hair etc

oh and here is a task
    draw different types of eyes with the same face- experiment! (same with hair)
    turn a real picture into a cartoon/anime picture- exercises brain
    oh and pratice expressions. we dont want them all smiling :) XD

Wow, three months and you're already experimenting with foreshortening?! And it even looks pretty good, with that sword in the first picture.They're all impressive for the time you've been drawing- I'd follow axion's advice, since it's good advice and it might help you with your problem =)

Thanks for the advice! then i guess i'll try to draw people from different views and with different anatomies for now and i'll work on the folds. oh, and i'll be sure to do the tasks you gave, axion!

you got good hands shaun! drawing without reference is difficult, (well for me)..

Sorry for not posting for a long time, my exams suddenly came up and i had to study... anyway i've got a question: i always ink my pencil drawings with a pen but afterwards i feel like that it's not as good as it was before, so should i stop doing that?

Two more drawings:

i'm currently trying to draw people from different views but they all turn out pretty unnatural and crappy, i guess i need more practice...

I think i'm beginning to get the hang of it

well... (replying to question)
    if it makes you feel better than you should stop inking your drawings then
    or really just question yourself about why you hate it and how you can improve it

anyway i can see some improvements.... well till i saw the drawing at the bottom at the thread, then i went WTF£$%&*&*£%$$ @_@ thats alot better, i truely honestly think you could be some awesome artist

i think if you just going with what you are doing already but at the same time do more close-up stuff, because i would like to see more detailed work from you

also i liked the eyes abit in the last pic i fought they were nice but you should try to go deeper into what you are doing, if you have a artist on deviantart that you look up to and have a simliar style... well... not copy the style but you know?!
    uh sorry i would comment but my head is dying from the lack of sleep and too much revision OTL

anyway yeah keep going and all i can really say is do, or atleast try to attempt the same tasks as last time if possible please bye

Well, sorry again for not posting. i've been away from internet and i had issues with my scanner again.

Thanks again, axion, but after drawing that i couldn't draw anything better than that, so i guess it was just luck that it turned out like that.
    and i don't even have a deviant art account since i haven't been doing this for long and i don't even have much time for drawing.
    and from those tasks, i've been trying different faces with different hairs and features and i tried out different expressions but i still haven't done the cartoonizing thing, which now that i'm reminded about it i'm gonna give it a try.

New drawings:

the last one is based on an old action figure i've had since years ago.

Okay, Here are two more drawings,any comment or critique is welcome...