Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: greenfox's stuff.

greenfox's stuff.

this was a sketch i did while trying to thinks of some characters. it didn't really turn out how i would have liked it to. really i was trying to make her look older and sexy but i'm bad at drawing girls so it didn't work at. any constructive criticism would be great.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm not one that is magnetized to conventional beauty as much as many others, but I do think she is rather attractive. She seems to have a strong personality in that attire, and there's definitely something to be said about women like that.

Anyway, this looks like a good start. Are you going to line or color it?

Right now, she looks too flat. There are simple tricks you could use to instantly make your picture look better. The body isn't flat, so when clothes wraps around a person, you need to represent that with a curve, not a flat line. Add some depth to the clothes.

Another pointer, the arms and legs are too short. Those arms can't even reach her pockets. This is especially true with Anime where everyone looks lanky (But please focus on proper anatomy for now)

A good exercise is to draw extreme angles or extreme positions. Have the hand right up to the camera or do a bugs-eye view of the person.

I agree with fox in that as an adventuring character, you would've hit the spot. I want to make that clear before I make my suggestions. Of course, with your desired description, I would suggest a few changes:

-The anatomy isn't actually bad at all. I did measure around 6-ish heads tall, which would be more appropriate for a younger adolescent. Lengthening the limbs a bit would help.
    -As for the clothing, characters that are more...mature tend to wear things that are closer to the skin yet in a sense has a sense of conservatism. Something I have noticed is that older sexy characters tend to put focus on the chest rather than the belly button. You know, they wear those shirts with low collars to show the girls. The baggy pants could still work, though you might want to move them closer to the legs.
    -Don't be afraid to make a few curves. Some lines, such as the sides of the torso, show some curves, though they stop just short of getting the shape you want.

well if you do want to make it look "hot and sexy" give her a better curve than that. and don't make the arms to farther away from the body unless you want it to pose something like that.

the foot is a little shorter if you ask me.

but it's a really nice art! i kinda see some potential in these. i mean i can't think of details like that when i was first starting.
    i can see you have a very nice imagination on making a character!

This is far from perfect, but I hope my hack together photoshop job would give you some ideas on proportion. Don't be concern about the head count on the Loomis drawing. The idea is where elbows are relative to the navel, or wrist in relation with the hips, etc.

As kayel said, you don't need to worry that much about the head heights, just focus where do the limbs end up! Its pretty cool actually! I bet that in lets say 4 months you are gonna improve!!! Sure there will be a lot of drawings where it will seem that you haven;t improved, but if you do as many as you can, and each time try something new(take a reference, add something you never added before, dare make more folds, do a dynamic pose with dynamic perspective...) then trust in 4 months max you'r gonna improve!!!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

thanks some much. yeah i wasn't sure about the arm length. any i tried drawing her. after this i guess i'll just keep her pretty much the same (with some corrections). its much easier to draw her that way. but here a drawing where i tried to make her sexier. ( not sure it worked)

another sketch i drew randomly. actually i draw this guy a lot. i'm not sure about the face. its looked alright when i drew it but now that i scanned it looks weird.

the guy's right hand(our left) looks a little bit different from the other hand...
    to be more specific... make it a little bit of muscular u will know which part i am talking about..
    also the length of the hands doesnt look similar if we imagine that we are going to measure his arm lengths. try BENDING MORE or YOU CAN MAKE THE WALL LOWER

yeah i couldn't figure out where to put the thumb on the right hand. more muscle huh. alright if you say so. i'm not sure what you mean by bending more.