Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dylstew's stuff(I'm improving :3)

I'm Not a Spammer!

Dylstew's stuff(I'm improving :3)

EDIT: new

Finished,still no hands tough xD the outlines are with pen now,looks better on paper!

Edit end(old drawings):
    and I made something new :3 it's not done yet tough... a WIP.

Didn't scan it in straight xD
    Edit end(old drawings):

Was bored today at school,some new ones.

Drew these at school months ago when I was bored....

And This one today,But found out flash is a piece of shit because The Fill tool is pretty damn Broken and IT's trying to do stuff automaticly that i don't want to!

http://dylstew2.deviantart.com/

I suck.
    Last edited by dylstew; 01-26-2011 at 09:20 AM.

dude chill i think your going to be a good artistor at the very least be better than what you are now

you have great symmetry something that i didnt have when i was younger
    and i still got alittle bit better, so for you, yourself.... i think you can get alot better it will take atleast a month or two to see some good progression

well for now im not gonna critic on how you could make the face better
    lets just start with you learning how to draw bodies as i have no particular idea what style you are going to go for or what you might end up with

for now i cant think of any good tutorials to help you but, you can try going on deviantart and type in " how to draw the body" or something like that to help you

finally i think you should also get some drawings on deviantart, um..... like..... well some type of art you want to get into and improve on when you get older like disney, marvel or anime just some pics you could link us to so we now how other artists can help you on how you could get more into that sort of style and what could support your type of art instead of everyone throwing random comments at you which could lead to contradiction of what you actually want and what not!

don't be hard on yourself.... your really doing great.... the proportion of the face looks very equal and symmetrical (its a good thing)..

Keep practicing... When i was starting out i had trouble drawing a symmetrical face.. Even now I still have that problem when drawing faces in freehand. The trait you have is good and when you get older maybe drawing faces would be a piece of cake for you..
    "
    When i was starting off and wanted to improve, I would get a picture of a character I like and copy it.(not tracing, "copying")
    Copying to the point that they were almost alike.. This way i would learn how the pros do it.. and soon after, i made original drawings from the things i learned from other artists.

This helped me to develop my skills and find what style i belong to. Keep Practising... I Know your doing great..

well its not bad! you just need some more practice...
    drawing at school when bored, well, I can relate with that!
    I'm even doing some sketches during class...

I'm Not a Spammer!
    Was bored today at school,some new ones.

hmmm ok I been drawing manga for a while now and this is just some drawings from when i started of use them as refrence:

http://commanderxtsdownloads.yolasite.com/

there are some problems with these old pics but their still good

I'm Not a Spammer!
    For the guy above me:
    1: the image isn't loading.
    2: you should make your own topic

and I made something new :3 it's not done yet tough... a WIP.

and not scanned straight xD
    Last edited by dylstew; 01-25-2011 at 12:43 PM.

I'm Not a Spammer!
    Update:

I'm Not a Spammer!
    Oh come on... Please comment "

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    C: I'll comment on your latest drawing.

When inking, try to keep a steady hand and ink in on flow. If you start and stop, you end up with lines that overlap and areas that have thicker parts than others. If you don't get it right the first time, keep practicing and you'll improve. Also, be sure to go back to your drawing and make sure you inked all the parts. Stopping before you reach the end point is not good like where you stopped inking the hair before it even reached the shoulder. Or the part where you missed the line on the collar of her T-shirt. Also not good.

Try to be consistent. For example, the irises for her eyes are not exactly the same sizes. She's look face forward so she should have the same size for both eyes. If she was in a 3/4 view, then this would be different but generally, when people face forward, eyes should be symmetrical. Speaking of consistency, her head looks like she got bashed when she was young. Remember to round the top of your character's head especially when they have hair like that which basically follows the skull. Poofy and spiky hair are exceptions of course but you didn't draw that so.... be sure you check your lines.

More on consistency - her shoulders are not at the same height. If she's standing straight, then both her shoulders should be at the same height. Right now, they look askew. Try to keep the shape and size consistent on both sides. Humans are generally symmetrical people so be sure to match one side with the other just like the eyes.

Your collar bone is too high. Collar bones are located at the base of the neck. It basically starts where the throat ends and your ribs start and swing upwards to the top of your shoulder like the brows of an angry person. With the shirt she has on, you should erase those lines on her neck.

I notice you added some lines for folds on here shirt and jeans. Some have relevance and others feel like they've been put there just because. I suggest you study folds some more. If you don't know where to put folds, you can look up some references. Heck, go look at yourself for reference! You have shirt and jeans right?

Lastly, you should try to add thickness to your clothes. Right now, they look like they were either spray painted on. If you look at yourself with your jeans on and look at the waist, there is a thickness between your skin and then the jeans itself. This is a common mistake among beginning artists. They just draw the shape of the leg and then add details on it to make clothes. Don't do that!

Anyways, try to improve. Keep practicing and don't give up. If you haven't checked them out already, I covered clothing and folds at this site so be sure to check those tutorials out.