Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A true artist

actually i really prefer studying, i'm just saying it's faster if you try what the book is telling your self, rather than just looking at it and reading it.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Study and application are usually both important.

But I find if you try one thing enough times, you can make it "look right". This is my personal secret.

i am satisfied myself because every drawing i do , THAT FOR SURE ARE THE RESULTS OF 1 YEAR EXPERIMENTATION ON DRAWING (2007)
    its good to fill that I FOUND MY OWN WAYS OF DRAWING SKILLS.
    Thankgod till now i have not gone through any TUTORIALS...

lol im really bad with drawing on everything as soon as i have an idea in my head of something i wanna draw or a character design no matter wat it is ill draw on it..lol ive even drawn on myself before because there was nothing else..but yea. ^^

O_0 n idk how to use those emoticons XD

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Study and application are usually both important.

But I find if you try one thing enough times, you can make it "look right". This is my personal secret.
    draw and draw the exact same thing until you make it right... hmmm....
    i guess i'll try doing that for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by trilokcool3 View Post
    i am satisfied myself because every drawing i do , THAT FOR SURE ARE THE RESULTS OF 1 YEAR EXPERIMENTATION ON DRAWING (2007)
    its good to fill that I FOUND MY OWN WAYS OF DRAWING SKILLS.
    Thankgod till now i have not gone through any TUTORIALS...
    i don't really know about that, you really need tutorials you know. it's hard to improve if you draw without information.
    gravity or skeletal structure or anything difficult to spell that is learn in tutorials is really hard to figure out on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by weez18 View Post

O_0 n idk how to use those emoticons XD
    click "Go Advanced" it's next to "Post Quick Reply"

Hmm, the first few years all I basically did was tutorials and studies. If there was ever an idea that I had, I would just make a quick drawing out of it so later when I had better skill I could draw it. Of course when I am actually good enough to draw it I think the idea isn't as original or cool as when I first thought it up. So I think up a more outlandish idea. And the cycle continues...

Either way, I'd just say to just push your techniques and ideas concurrently as much as you can. While tutorials are great, they don't tell you how to be creative. No picture is perfect, and and even though the picture may not look as great as you imagined it would be, you will always find some other idea.

@RAMEIL
    i wanna try different u know.... i am still experimenting on how 2 draw good with less efforts......
    ART EVOLVES ...... nd wanna evolve SKILLS..... ALSO trying to make TUTORIALS.... very different tat might help beginers....

Quote Originally Posted by trilokcool3 View Post
    @RAMEIL
    i wanna try different u know.... i am still experimenting on how 2 draw good with less efforts......
    ART EVOLVES ...... nd wanna evolve SKILLS..... ALSO trying to make TUTORIALS.... very different tat might help beginers....
    you'll get confused with that i assure you. you'll start to make your own rules on how to draw which i'm sure that will come out wrong.
    how do you plan to gather information? through reference? well that's for you to decide but if you make a tutorial that is completely wrong, i will comment on that tutorial and tell you exactly what's wrong for people not to be confused because of it.

till now i am not confused .... that is why i am still experimenting.... and i will do MORE,
    u know one thing i dont give up on my drawings until it looks somehow good to me.... till that i go on rubbing rubbing and rubbing..
    i wana AVOID THAT RUBBING THING and all will be cool
    well to think of... i am making
    NEXT GENERATIONS TUTORIALS ... u may love it...

LOL never used tutorials. Only references. I cant say it helps me when someone explains me the facts and shows me a picture. I admit that i sometimes take my sketches to my mom and she shows me a couple of trick (mostly for perspective) but i don't think of it as a tutorial =w=
    I always sketched everything that seemed interesting at the moment. Never used skeletons for anything except the head and chest. The first notebook i drew all over was filled with my original charas (for every single one there was a little story and how they interact with the main 6 charas, and of course about that time bay-blade, Yu-Gi-Oh,digimon and pokemon were in the mainstream i put all those like atack points n stuff.) And at almost every 10-th of them was a tiny little thing i tried out, and gradually i worked up to where i am now(having no problems drawing curvy lines and anything rounded, but anything with jagged edges is a pain in the butt for me). I remmeber the feeling of admiration i got each time i saw a drawing on one of the tables in the school, it was ok, had decent anatomy and a cool yet simple design. An alien. And at that time it was unimaginable for me to draw anything similar to it, but now..........oh good lord how it feels good. i remember when in my last semester at my last year in the Elementary school i drew one of my charas next to it..........it made me feel like a god.......THe artist side of me is the competitive side that whenever it sees something awesome it wants to make something better the it, and i practise until i do. And when i see something that is lesser then my standard i feel as if i made another step to being better then those that i think are awesome......=w= so basically im a jerk who wants to be better then everyone.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.