View Poll Results: Should we add a Sketchbook Section to MT's forums?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'd love to have a sketchbook section.

13 61.90%
  • No way! The Critique section and gallery is fine for me.

8 38.10%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sketchbook Section Anyone? Please Vote!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Having three areas just makes it more work to follow the same artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Having three areas just makes it more work to follow the same artist.
    +

Yeah also, it will make it harder to comment and gave feed backs.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    sketchbooks are more like archives and not necessarily meant to be commented on. It's a sketchdump basically. Besides, following an artist in a separate forum is not nearly as much of a hassle as accessing their profile, accessing their gallery, then clicking through the pictures one by one. Especially since all of the sketchbooks will be in the same place, so you don't have to track down each artist separately. And it auto-updates.

Though having a separate WIP and Completed Works section is not necessary.

Like Cyp said, its a place to dump your sketches, its not a place where you would go looking for critiques. I don't look for critique in everything that I draw, some doodles and scrap are just meant to be doodles and scrap. Having a separate sketchbook section would give the viewer a greater understanding or inside of the artist's mind.

Where else a Gallery is for mainly posting up completed works. At least that's how I would use it. WIP's and post-finish work can be posted into the CC for critiques so that you can edit or fix any errors.

Thats what I think anyways :P

Isn't the Gallery a place to just post doodles? at least that it's how its used.

Thats not how I would use it xD

Quote Originally Posted by doghateburger View Post
    Thats not how I would use it xD
    "Would use it". Which mean you don't use it (reason why asking for a sketche section is pointless), and if you would use it, it wouldn't be in that way (then, you will be repeating the same things with the critic corner).

People, the matters is quiet simple, the gallery already works as a sketche/doodle section, and the critic corner works as always has worked, the problem is not in adding new sections, is in making cohesion and giving a clear sense on how to use the sections.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Yes and the argument is that adding a new section to replace the Gallery is much easier and more effective.

And, if you're dumping every sketch you ever make into the gallery, imagine how crowded and unwieldy your gallery becomes. It would be a nightmare to navigate. Seefy and Toast said it before, but thread format is much easier to navigate. Besides, trying to change posting behavior is not only difficult but can be alienating to members or even discourage posting.

I can do without a Sketchbook section, but I'm arguing that the Gallery is not very effective as a sketchbook for people who want one.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm only for it if it replaces the gallery entirely. But that just might be my underlying hate for the gallery system/interface showing though. >.>

Wouldn't that cause result in the same outcome? Maybe the Gallery just need better organization features xD