View Poll Results: Should we add a Sketchbook Section to MT's forums?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'd love to have a sketchbook section.

13 61.90%
  • No way! The Critique section and gallery is fine for me.

8 38.10%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sketchbook Section Anyone? Please Vote!

The gallery as it is now, it's more personal, reason why it has a private option. While the critic corner don't. We can work teaching the use of both, where you use the gallery to upload images and show to the people you want to show, while the critic corner would become more like a test of time, where you can make a better appreciation of the evolution of your work and ask people to critic them (open critics that doesn't come in the gallery for being more personal).

I think the problem is in the use (and the users).

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    It takes too much work to navigate from the forum to the gallery of a user. It's far out of the way. New members might not even realize they exist, as you don't really visit peoples' profiles on forums anyway.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    The CC could become more accessible and noticed if there was a Creator's Corner link in the dropdown menu when you click Gallery in the main site navigation bar.

Still, the gallery would keep separated. Also I find pointless doing all that if the same user's are not going to change their behavior and thee way they use the forum.

Should we have some sort of "Critic of the Month" perk?

No idea about that. I think it can start easily with the senior members posting more on new members threads, and motivate a flow of work, critic and feedback. I think if the senior members show how you need to behave, the new members are going to copy that, and so the live of the critic corner can be more active.

It's not necessarily to jump at every thread, just one or 2 at the week, and the improvement of activity should begin.

Agreed.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Also I find pointless doing all that if the same user's are not going to change their behavior and thee way they use the forum.
    which is why a Sketchbook is a good idea. It's more of a task trying to change the posting behavior of a bunch of members instead of making a sub-forum to accommodate the current posting behavior.

Though if decreased activity occurs, then it is self-defeating. On the inks MT we got a great critique mindset going for a while, just by some people being more active and specific in their comments. CG Society is like this and newcomers know exactly how to comment, just by following example.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I've been using my crit corner thread as my sketchbook for a while now, so I see no real reason for a whole sketchbook category. Also I see plenty of other sites with separate areas for finished work, WIPs, and sketchbooks: like CGfeedback and ConceptArt.org. I just don't get it I guess >_>