Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: |[SUTARI]| lotta concept art

if dats a hot spring or somethin you could put some steam on that bad boy

Yeah that's color mama for ya.

thank you to everyone who commented, ESPECIALLY Mimi. wow D: You guys are helping me to understand color, and i am grateful!

I tried again.

Please be ruthless. I would like to know how to make the color "pop", because it looks like it has potential to be something, but i cant figure out what that something is...

OTL

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    Oh wow thats some creepiness for yah! I think the issue is it's all very similar in terms of lighting. The background is the creepiest part so that should be darkest, perhaps get a little lighter in the front to provide that sharp contrast. And maybe lightest of all would be the eyes of mr big n scary.

apply some hot colors in the light for contrast (?). See what happens.

I think everything looks freakin' fantastic! My only question, is do Tei's eyes glow when they do that? And if so, does there need to be any lighting from that? Like orangie/red lighting? I'm not sure. Just a thought.

I could only dream of being this good! I love to check out your art thread ;3
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Hey man!
    I remember you from when I used to hang around this forum a little more regular than I've done lately. Well, you used to draw a lot of cool stuff back too, and you haven't changed on that point atleast, though your stuff is actually even better now than I remember.

So I tried to help you out on that last piece, thogh in the end it may have totally fluked. I didn't find your original composition very creepy, so I altered it to try and make it more of a "you're trapped, but you don't know yet"-thing. Then I desaturated and removed distracting colors, and I also removed the soft warm light from the foreground and replaced it with shadows. That part didn't go well, guess you should have some kind of light there, but I'm at the limit of my knowledge there, sorry

Also, your blending is so awesomly hard to imitate, I really wish I cold do it... Yeah, I hope at least it's a little bit creepier now, and that you have some use of all these words I've written above. I am no longer here...
    SPOILER! :

This guy's got the right idea.

Idunnoooo Sylux, Rubisko just made the colors duller and more blended together. IMHO its not a step up from what Rei already has.

Rei even said hes trying to make the colors pop.

I'm thinkin that if Rei made it that dark, but kept the lighter colours brighter then it would be just right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI