Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: |[SUTARI]| lotta concept art

Yeah josh you friggin retard that's what I meant ugh

Add some more highlights on the leaves and on the character also if tei's eyes are glowing that would be shining a red light on the characters too so you need to take that into account.

Yay, I started a discussion! That's cool because colors and lightning are not as easy as they seem and I think discussion helps understanding. So yeah, I agree with joosh and Cloudy on the desaturation part, there should definately be some saturation left, preferably at the focal point but I think it would work on the clay figure and the guy holding it too. I disagree on cloudys notion about the candlelight though, if they are positioned inside the skull of Tei(?) then they would only light up the area right before them, and in a very close proximity, beacause, you know, they're candles. But with a rework on the composition it might be possible to use the candle eyes as a warm source of light.

As I said in my previous post though, I'm at the limit of my knowledge. Perhaps you should try to get some pro to crit it? Dan Warren makes crits and paintovers daily at his livestream, trying there might be a good idea ( livestream.com/danielsdangerroom )

101 Dalmations Member
    For those who doesn't know Sutari . .he likes boobies . .uhm -----wait . .who doesn't? .
    o.O ahahaha

YEAH. boobs are the greatest thing invented by who/whatever created humans! =P And thank you very much for everyone else's critique. I have been practicing after reading them.
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Some new OC that doesnt have a name yet ^
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Anatomy fails all over the place :/ especially with wrists and hands (and feet/ankles), which I've had said to me on DA before, but no one tells me exactly how it should be changed most of the time. so..

RIP THEM TO SHREDS IF YOU HAVE THE TIME.... if anyone wants to... OTL
    Last edited by Sutari; 05-23-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Rei, I really love those first two. I really do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Thanks for 1,000 tits.

The thing with your colour is that they are too one dimension. You can use overlapping shadows to create depth in it. Another thing is that you dont pay too much attention to your light source.

Another thing is that you give everything the same depth. Things that recedes away should be more diluted in colour, making them less saturated. That helps create atmosphere. And dont forget to overlap shadows onto of other objects.

Thank you iccy... its a relief knowing it can be fixed so easily! And thanks jai and cype :P
    -------

Did a meme, but can't tell where to put it. it doesnt seem to fit "lets exercise"... so i'll put it here for now. maybe someone can crit character design? ...
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Sutari; 05-23-2012 at 12:50 PM.

My computer hanged when I opened this thread, and it's still lagging even now...

Looking good Rei!